Cove Balcony Comfortable for 3?

cruising_diva

My family and I have booked a Cove Balcony on the Carnival Dream Oct. 26th sailing. I've seen lots of pictures of this room, and they all seem to only include two chairs.

Can you get a third chair to accommodate a third person, if we all want to sit on the balcony together? Will this be too cramped?

I've having concerns that we won't even be able to enjoy the balcony as a family.

Any input would be appreciated.

My family and I have booked a Cove Balcony on the Carnival Dream Oct. 26th sailing. I've seen lots of pictures of this room, and they all seem to only include two chairs.

Can you get a third chair to accommodate a third person, if we all want to sit on the balcony together? Will this be too cramped?

I've having concerns that we won't even be able to enjoy the balcony as a family.

Any input would be appreciated.

Hi,

My family of 3 sailed on the Magic with a Cove in August, 2012. I just asked my stateroom steward for an extra chair and he gladly gave us one. I did not feel cramped at all. We are sailing with another Cove on the Dream in Nov.

I've got a cove with four people. I've sailed in the past with regular balconies with 3 and we rarely ever spent time with all three of us on the balcony despite our plans to. Out of the three of us, at least one was ready to go go go at all times. Aside from pulling in and out of ports, I don't think the three of us really ever spent time with all three out there...

We did on the Breeze.. and spent lots of time on the balcony..I really liked that is was cool on the feet all the time( well so lng as you are under a life boat) the View was never obstructed other then if you wanted to look at the stars then I would suggest going up to the Lido.

We love the Coves and would go in one anytime.

Happy Cruising

Thanks everybody. :) So it looks like there us no reason to spend extra $ on an aft extended. Which also means we made the right room choice to begin with. Now I just need to book our hotel. Thanks everyone! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

We spoiled ourselves last time and got 2 side-by-side coves and had the steward open up the divider between the balconies for one big one. It was cheaper than a suite for the 4 of us with a lot more room! (Not all dividers open up though.) So that is another option. :-)

This time we can only swing the one cove balcony, but I am sure it will be fine. Most of the time the kids were either still asleep when we were up, in the kids' club, etc. we liked to stand out there most of the time as well. :)

We spoiled ourselves last time and got 2 side-by-side coves and had the steward open up the divider between the balconies for one big one. It was cheaper than a suite for the 4 of us with a lot more room! (Not all dividers open up though.) So that is another option. :-)

This time we can only swing the one cove balcony, but I am sure it will be fine. Most of the time the kids were either still asleep when we were up, in the kids' club, etc. we liked to stand out there most of the time as well. :)

With there being 3 of us, and no waiving of single supplement for our sail date, 2 coves is way out of budget. An INTERIOR and a cove is out of budget. We'll make it work. I'd love to get a call from the uograde fairy before we sail tho. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk