How many days before cruise did u get guarantee cabin?

b_cruise

I thought I would take a poll, see if there is any pattern.

How many days before ur cruise did you receive your cabin number for your "guarantee' booking?

( for anyone not aware of this type of booking, it is when u let Carnival pick ur room)

So far I have seen 20 days and 23 days.

First ever cruise was one week before, Guarantee inside upgraded to an Aft outside.

Second ever cruise was less than a week Guarantee outside upgraded to a mini suite.

And it worked! I have picked my own cabin ever since, I just couldnt live with getting a bunk bed inside or a balcony with a great big lifeboat as the view unless I chose it! :)

I believe the longer you wait for cabin assignment the better chance of a good cabin from a last minute cancellation.

Like Tara Jane said, it can be anytime from the day you book, right up to the time you check in at the port. If it makes you feel a bit less apprehensive, I've found that the later I've received my cabin assignment, the better the chances of a nice upgrade in accommodations. :cool:Good luck, and I'll bet you enjoy your cruise. ;)

"SKY"

I book guarantee all the time, I'm not picky on cabin location and I have had nice up grade's doing it.

Saying that We have got our cabin assignment any where from hour's after booking all the way to arriving at the port without one. It really is a crap shoot. But usually about 30 - 45 days out is the average for us.

I should add to my post that both sister and I booked guarantee inside for our cruise next week on the spirit.

We booked within hours of each other, got our allocation about 10 days out

on the same day.

my room is deck 8 forward, sister is deck 1 aft.

we are fine with that, but I don't know that there is any real pattern in their allocation. This is our 2nd carnival cruise for both of us, but I have done 2 p & O and 1 Princess if that is likely to make any difference.

We recently upgraded our interior (chosen) cabin to a balcony guarantee and had our cabin assignment the next day. We upgraded 12 days before sail date and had the cabin 11 days prior to sail date.

I havent booked a gty cabin since our very first cruise. Booked an inside and we were assigned a balcony. This upcoming cruise my friend and I booked an inside cabin and with the 123 sale we upgraded to a gty balcony. This should be interesting lol :p

I'm leaving two weeks from tomorrow (guaranteed Ocean View, solo) and haven't received a stateroom assignment yet.

Updating my answer: Just got assigned an Ocean View room on the Empress Deck for 5/12 (8 days out.) So at least I can now print my luggage tags!

I'm 31 days out. I'll let you know when I get it!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Updating my answer. We got our cabin allocation 2 days ago.......26 days out.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

My GTY balcony on Freedom was assigned exactly one month out. 7401 which is fantastic location. Very happy with it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And I am on the same sailing gty inside....still unassigned. I was told it could be when I get to port, so if it is before it will be a surprise!

Edited by barefoot cruiser