Car rental before helicopter flight in Kauai?

VT Hokie Cruiser

We have an 11 a.m. flight in Kauai with Blue Hawaiian helicopters after the Pride of America docks there at 8 am. Will we have adequate time to rent a car and get to Blue Hawaiian before the check-in time at 10:15 a.m.? Are there plenty of shuttles to the rental car place? (Blue Hawaiian offers a shuttle but we want to rent a car in advance if there's time). Thanks.

I'd be interested to hear the responses as well. We are also on the POA and booked with Blue Hawaiian in August. Our pick up time at the ship is 9:00 am and we were trying to figure out when and how to get our rental car.

I emailed B.H. to inquire how far they are from the car rental area at the airport as I thought perhaps we could just walk over and get the car after the tour rather than return back to the port with B.H. and then grab a rental car shuttle. They responded that it is about a 15 min walk from their heliport to the rental area, which is do able, but they suggested we contact the rental company to see if they would send a shuttle. I have not done that yet, as we don't even have a car booked yet, but this might be an option for you.

When we did our helicopter flight in Kauai we did it in the early morning, as the later ones tend to get cancelled due to weather. We used Safari Helicopters and we loved, loved, loved them! They picked us up from the ship, we had the most amazing flight and afterward they took us right to the Alamo rental facility at the airport. We are going on another Hawaii cruise in December and plan on one of their volcano flights in Hilo in the morning and a car rental directly afterwards. Can't wait! The Kauai flight was the best thing we've ever done on any of our cruises!

Taters