Moorish Delights - May 24th

Hi everyone,

Anyone on the Dream - Moorish Delights - May 24th?

Really pleased as managed to upgrade to a Superior room at the Santa Lucia in Palmanova following our cruise.

Can't wait to board the Dream again, only 26 days to go!! - love that ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought to ponder - not so long ago someone on the forum commented on the absence of posts for sometime... I don't post regularly as we can only afford to cruise once a year at best, so felt don't have much of significance or knowledge to impart - yet when I did contribute to the forum recently, prior to our impending cruise on May 24th, not one reply did I receive - not even to wish us an enjoyable holiday, despite the fact that the forum is full of posts wishing others the same.

It seems to me that this forum is fast becoming a select club for the favoured few, as the same sudonames keep appearing on a regular basis, just like a chatroom.

Perhaps someone would like to comment on my observations - can't believe I'm the only person to have picked up on this.

Hi Gingoli

You asked a question "Anyone on the Dream - Moorish Delights - May 24th?"

Well maybe no-one on here is going on that cruise?

I find that sometimes there is lots of chat on here and sometimes it goes quiet. At the moment it is a bit quiet. It's the same on all boards. You should try Fred.Olsen boards - sometimes it goes for days without a reply :rolleyes:

I hope you have a lovely cruise and come back and tell us all about it :)

Hi Gingoli, I am sorry you feel like that.

I didn't respond because I thought you were asking for other people who are going on the same cruise to respond.

I haven't done this itinerary and don't respond if I have nothing to add.

I would hate the forum to become a private club and I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Have you looked to see if there is a roll call for your cruise?

So sorry you were upset Ginjoli - I too didn´t reply as I thought you were seeking people going on the same cruise as you.

Also, had it been nearer your departure date I am sure you would have received some good wishes for your trip - I have found that these only appear about a week before a member is sailing.

Anyway, I hope that you have a wonderful cruise and I look forward to reading your report when you return. I am sure that you will enjopy Palma Nova too - I haven´t stayed at the Santa Lucia but regularly stay virtually next door at the Casablanca and the location is excellent.

Edited by campolady

Ginjolu

Like the others, I am sorry to hear you feel the way you feel :(

I am sure people didn't mean to be like that - I didn't. I perhaps didn't initially see it but saw it today & opened it as we are on the Moorish Delights later in the year which made me read it.

I hope you have a lovely time & pleased you got an upgrade.

I shall look forward to your reports on your return as it is our first time on the Dream & first time on a W Med Cruise. Not sure of you are on FB but there are some favourable reviews coming through about the Dream at the moment.

Have a lovely time - not long to go now.

xx

Edited by Julessmiles

Like the others who have replied, I'm not going on your cruise on the 24th either so didn't feel your post was directed to me. The Roll Call Forum sometimes has cruise specific threads although I don't see one for yours - perhaps another time it would stimulate contact with fellow cruises if you try starting one there.

As campolady says, bon voyage greetings are usually sent just before departure but I do wish you and anyone else travelling a wonderful time.

I'm sure it's nothing personal though Ginjoli as in looking back at your previous posts I see that a lot of people have responded to you and given you plenty of information which you were seeking - for which you were very grateful. (I always appreciate that - it does seem very rude when questions are asked, helpful replies provided and not as much as an acknowledgement from the OP. I must say that is something I don't find very acceptable.)

I don't know how to respond to your pseudoname comment though as I don't know what you're trying to say about that or those to whom it's directed. Not many use their names for posting. It's not FB.

If you look at recent posts apart from a few personal interchanges they all seem to me to have quite serious Thomson based issues which has generated some interesting discussion. I hope you feel able to contribute - all shades of opinion are welcome and even one cruise gives someone information to add and thoughts to express. Some of our regular posters haven't done lots of cruises so you shouldn't feel that disqualifies you from commenting at all. It's certainly not exclusive in my mind and usually this forum is said to be welcoming and friendly so it's a pity that you aren't getting those vibes.

Enjoy your holiday and tell us what you think when you get back. I'm sure it will elicit plenty of replies.

Well you've certainly prompted some responses now! :D

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi everyone,

Anyone on the Dream - Moorish Delights - May 24th?

Really pleased as managed to upgrade to a Superior room at the Santa Lucia in Palmanova following our cruise.

Can't wait to board the Dream again, only 26 days to go!! - love that ship.

As per other replies - I probably would have passed this by as the questions asks if anyone is on this cruise. We are not. I am not aware of a select club you refer to however some people do chat on here to others they have got to know over the years - indeed some have even met each other in person on cruises and that applies to my wife and I and for example Little Nell and Kruzseeka when we were all on the same cruise in Dec 2013.

I am sure you will have a great time and likewise at the Santa Lucia which is in a great position with views of the bay.

Very many thanks to everyone who replied to my post - I can see with hindsight that my original post wasn't ignored, as you quite rightly point out, if you're not on that particular itinerary or have never done it, you feel you have nothing constructive to reply to.

If I'm honest, if I noticed a post entitled e.g. "Majesty Oct 2014", most likely I wouldn't read it for the same reasons you have all given. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am grateful for all the informative advice I have received since joining C.C., and will continue to access the forum in the future.

I also apologise for wrongly assuming the Thoms forum was being taken over by a "select" group of cruisers - I realise now that several of you have actually met up on board - how interesting that must have been! - hence the regular dialogue between you. (Maybe I should wear a teeshirt with C.C. logo emblazoned on it - on second thoughts, Thoms might think I'm an undercover reporter!!)

Thanks so much for all your good wishes for our cruise - can't wait! and yes will submit a review on our return.

Like the other posters as you only asked who was on this cruise I didn't respond.

I don't know if you are interested in views on any of the ports visited but this is my last port review which has some of your ports listed:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2034629

Like you, I would never had thought of looking at a post reviewing ports on a Majesty cruise if I was doing a Dream cruise, but there might be some useful info in there for you.

Will look forward to your review and I wish you fair winds and calm seas.

Joe.

Very many thanks to everyone who replied to my post - I can see with hindsight that my original post wasn't ignored, as you quite rightly point out, if you're not on that particular itinerary or have never done it, you feel you have nothing constructive to reply to.

If I'm honest, if I noticed a post entitled e.g. "Majesty Oct 2014", most likely I wouldn't read it for the same reasons you have all given. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am grateful for all the informative advice I have received since joining C.C., and will continue to access the forum in the future.

I also apologise for wrongly assuming the Thoms forum was being taken over by a "select" group of cruisers - I realise now that several of you have actually met up on board - how interesting that must have been! - hence the regular dialogue between you. (Maybe I should wear a teeshirt with C.C. logo emblazoned on it - on second thoughts, Thoms might think I'm an undercover reporter!!)

Thanks so much for all your good wishes for our cruise - can't wait! and yes will submit a review on our return.

Hi there,

We are doing Moorish Delights on 19th July.

I really hope you enjoy your cruise

Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back :)

Hi

We go n August 16th , to those sailing before us- hope you have a fab time and please let us know how things are. Someone on trip advisor has just but a really good review from the first week on the Dream in the med this year- so hopefully looking good! :)

Thanks so much Campolady (and everyone else) for your good wishes. Have just read your recent post, and wish you and your husband very best wishes in relocating to the coast of Spain. I can only imagine what a wrench it will be for you, but hope you will find a home you can both be happy in.

Will think of you next week, God willing, when we disembark in Motril, and explore the delights of Andulicia.