Saint Barts

neeko

Saint Barts is a wonderful island. WE cruised there back in 1998 and were hoping that Celebrity would sail there someday. Very happy that the Constellation is sailing there in November/December but wonder why they have not arranged shore excursions as of yet. Has anyone heard of what they are planning. Celebrity telephone agents have no idea.

Been wondering the same thing for or Dec 13 cruise.

I've always been interested in going there, so the itin influenced my decision to book. I do know it is an expensive island.

You may want to look at the ports of call forum because it has some comments about the tour offerings, and some not very positive input about the welcome received for cruise passengers ashore.

When we went years ago we found the people fairly friendly. The beaches were outstanding...the biggest complaint was that most of the shops were closed. I am hoping for a luxurious beach excursion

We were there in Feb. on the Century and they did not off anything from the ship. We took a walk to Shell Beach. Beautiful area with tons of Sea Glass on the beach. After some beach time we walked down the Main Street for shopping. Everything is BIG BUCKS but fun to look anyway. There were a few shops that they said close when ships are in because they don't want ship people coming in to just look. We loved the island (have been there twice) but not very friendly locals.

Completely agree. Rented a car and no one we encountered was friendly, just barely civil. Bought $56 worth of drinks at a beach bar and they didn't even want to let us sit under cover when it started to rain.

We were also on the Century cruise that stopped at St. Barts, this past February. As we were waiting for the tender, they announced that, due to a "waterworks" problem, all public restrooms on the island would be closed that day. We were on one of the early tenders, arriving around 11:00 am. To our surprise, practically nothing was open -- except for some of the ultra high-end shops (Cartier, etc). We walked around and took some pictures -- went back to the ship. It's a beautiful island, but I have no particular desire to return.

Do not expect cheap trinket type places as they hardly exist everything is super expensive but wonderful to look at. In one store no prices on any of the clothes !

But we went to a great beach with two couples from the ship and I think it was Nikki beach club .Well everyone was on the sand as no sunbeds available but the restaurant did have big double bed ones for a mere 100 Euros !

A very chic and expensive place and soon after we arrived two dancers started doing their stuff along with a DJ playing out some good dance music. Next thing a group of people appeared from a yatch just moored a little way off and the paparazzi appeared taking their pictures (French journalists ) so this all added to the fun of the day. Bar prices expensive so as a one off it was great fun .

Just accept that it is a very different place from the other Caribbean Islands and no bad thing for that.

Scotslizzy

We have been to St Bart's 6-7 times on land vacations, never by cruise ship, so maybe that experience is different. I recommend renting a car and exploring the island. It is small but beautiful. Yes it caters to the rich and famous and the prices are outrageous. If you know that going in you can plan accordingly. The people can be a bit standoffish but if you trot out your high school French they can't help but smile and lighten up. I would welcome an itinerary that includes St Bart's .

I have been to St. Barths, not via a cruise ship. The island is beautiful but I would not return. Has an offputting vibe which I knew going in. It was confirmed so I'm good. I can cross it off my list of "been there".

Edited by njgrlloves2trvl