Hotel Pick up time for transfers booked through Celebrity

Broch

I am staying pre cruise at the Crowne Plaza Rome in three weeks. We have a hotel pick up time of 11 am on our Itinerary. What is the accuracy experiences of posters who have used Celebrity Hotels inclusive of transfer to the port in Rome. Thanks for your comments.

Did it several years ago. Hope your experience with Crowne Plaza is better than ours - marginal hotel not close to anything and bad restaurant. Having said that, our pickup was on time but we had to check out of hotel early. At that time, lots if people and few seats. I hope it us better for you. The bus trip was OK but think they were in no hurry - probably to congestion with early arrives at the port. But enjoy the trip - hotel is minor when realize where you are and the history.

We took a Celebrity transfer in NJ once. I found the transfer pretty late, long waiting in the hotel lobby. Wished we had taken a cab, but this was NJ not Rome. I think they pick you up a

little later to avoid the lines at embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had Celebrity transfers from Rome last November/Decmeber for the westbond TA. We were told, when we arrived in Rome, that transfers would not pick-up until after noon because there is little space to accommodate large number waiting to board at the port. We were not on board until after the rooms were ready. I think [if I remember correctly] that our coach also picked up at the Crowne Plaza and, therefore, their pick-up time must have been about 12:45. There is no reason to believe that the pick-up time for anything other than a TA will be any different.

Thanks for your replies. This the one part of the cruise Itinerary I was concerned with. However I suppose a lot will depend on circumstances on the day. I hope they stick to their time on my schedule, but I would not bank on it.

Thanks for your replies. This the one part of the cruise Itinerary I was concerned with. However I suppose a lot will depend on circumstances on the day. I hope they stick to their time on my schedule, but I would not bank on it.

Ally

There should be a Celebrity rep at your hotel [between certain times] and he/she will explain the procedure to you. I would not worry, We have never had any problem with Celebrity transfers.

Ally

There should be a Celebrity rep at your hotel [between certain times] and he/she will explain the procedure to you. I would not worry, We have never had any problem with Celebrity transfers.

Thanks Sue for your reassurance.

Ally

Broch, we are also sailing on Reflection on May 23rd. If you haven't already done so, you may want to check out the roll call for our sailing --- it's been fairly active and is a good way to get info before the cruise. Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1871386

Thank you very informative