What to do in Lofoten Islands please

Hi

We are visiting the Lofoten a Islands on our fjords cruise

I have read reviews on people hiring a car and driving around but we don't want to do that

Is there much to see where the ship docks or should be take a cruise excursion

I have sorted all other ports, just left with this one

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks

The Lofoten Islands are somewhere we have thought of visiting, but haven't got there yet. However, I did do a bit of research and there are tour operators based there that will pick you up from the cruise ship. I think I saw most of the information on Tripadvisor and the local tourist office.

Where would you be docking? Most big ships call at Leknes or Gravdal (they're essentially the same place), and there's not much there.

I have heard of some people catching a bus to one of the more picturesque fishing villages in the area, but when we visited, service was extremely limited.

We had also considered renting a car, but in the end it looked like it would actually be less expensive to take an all-day ship's tour, so that was one of the very few times that we actually booked a cruiseline excursion.

We did the tour to the ice bar which was good as it was a nice ride through the scenery too. I think you do need a tour of some kind to see the magnificent scenery. Personally I would do a ships tour in this location.

We did the tour to the ice bar which was good as it was a nice ride through the scenery too. I think you do need a tour of some kind to see the magnificent scenery. Personally I would do a ships tour in this location.

Hi think we should def chise an excursion here, us the ice bar worth seeing

Thanks