Complicated situation - passenger change or cancellation?

taffy12

Please advise... For our trip on the Carnival Sunshine next month, my mother, sisters, and I had initially booked a cabin together...then my mother decided to get a separate cabin and bring another guest. As it stands, our room contains me (29) and my sisters (18 and 21). I might have to back out...but how would that affect my sisters' ability to sail, given their ages?

They won't be able to sail unless a) there's a guest over the age of 25 in the cabin or b) they are traveling in either adjoining cabins or cabins across from each other with your mother or legal guardian in the other cabin.

If your mother is still traveling in a separate cabin with a friend and the cabin won't be nearby, you can always list your mother with the 18 year old and the 21 with the other passenger joining the group. That would make the bookings "legal".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

They won't be able to sail unless a) there's a guest over the age of 25 in the cabin or b) they are traveling in either adjoining cabins or cabins across from each other with your mother or legal guardian in the other cabin.

If your mother is still traveling in a separate cabin with a friend and the cabin won't be nearby, you can always list your mother with the 18 year old and the 21 with the other passenger joining the group. That would make the bookings "legal".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If the cabins are close, it should be okay. Mom must somehow attach the booking to hers. If not, I don't think they can sail as it will look as if they were not with anybody, and that's a no no.

On our last cruise I was booked in room 9258 with my friend's son. DW was "legally" booked in room 9260 with my DD's. I had all the boys (2) 16 y.o. and a 14 y.o. in room 9259 even though it was on the other side of the ship. I ran into no issues not having them in the room next door or across the hall. I would assume if your sisters are close to your mother it should work out just fine.

What's been said so far is true concerning the 18-year old. The 21-year old can sail all by herself, but the issue is with the 18-year old. I think that it should be fine since the mom is cruising too, as long as the 2 bookings are linked. Since she's at least 18, I don't think it matters if the rooms are close. But if there are any problems, you can put her in a room with the mom & the other 2 together, then when they get on board, they can go to guest services and switch out the cards to put the right people in rooms together.