Deck 12...bad for cruisers without children?

Scouty

We have a M2 booked on the may 11th voyage....we have cruised with NCL many times but always avoided the 12th floor in fear of it's "children's floor" title. We can move to a lagre balcony on the 8th floor...any advice? Thanks!!

I have not been on the Breakaway, so someone may come along and correct me on this, but, I believe the entrance to the Splash Academy is basically between the two elevator banks. There shouldn't be any direct traffic down the actual cabin corridors. HOWEVER, I also understand that many families with children who will participate with Splash, tend to stay on deck 12 because of the proximity. Therefore, there may/will be noise from those actually staying on deck 12.

In all honesty, I think personally, if it were just my DH and me traveling, I would prefer to be on another deck. If it's not an issue of being considerably more in price, and you are willing to move decks, why put yourself in the position of it possibly being a problem?

Regardless, you're on a cruise! You're gonna have a great time whichever you choose. ;)

Edited by tarps14

I was going to book a family Mini suite on the Breakaway I loved that it has a bathtub, My TA told me not to do it since we don't have little ones going to the kids club. I took his advice and we are now booked on deck 8 in a M6 for June.

We stayed on Deck 14 of the Epic right down the hall from the Splash Academy entrance. We never had any noise issues. Like the BA, the entrance was in the elevator lobby area and not exposed to the cabins, and it was never any noisier. I would not hesitate to book that mini if you want a tub.

We were booked in a cabin right by the elevators that are across from the Splash Academy entrance. You would never know it. Even on the first night, when there were tons of families signing up, you couldn't hear a thing. Our PCC thought it would be an ideal location for our family (travelling with a 10, 10, 12, 15, 17 year olds - but the 3 youngest never used the club), but I was worried about noise. There were 1200 kids onboard, and our cabin location was fine.

This Sunday we depart on the BA and we don't have or particularly enjoy other people's kids either so this was a concern of ours as well. I started a thread about the cabin we got after lots of deliberation (8718) and the responses made me SO happy we did. I'll also update when we return.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in a family mini-suite on deck 12 (w/o children) when we sailed on the Breakaway in Jan. We never had a problem with noise from little ones. (Of course, we did sail during a time when school-age children were in school). Our mini-suite was roomy, loved the bathroom, the only downside was the very small balcony, but we made do with it.