Reflection With Kids

defeser

I am considering a cruise on the Reflection with my wife, 11 yr. old son, and 8 yr. old daughter for February 14, 2015. That's a week when many schools have off for Presidents Day/Midwinter Break. We have been on many cruises as a family with NCL, Carnival, and RCCL. Celebrity has some great deals right now, especially for this particular sailing. I would love to hear from those of you who have sailed on the Reflection WITH KIDS similar in age to mine. How is the Fun Factory? Did your kids enjoy their time there? What type of activities did they have? Are the swimming pools accommodating for well-behaved kids? I really need some guidance here! My other considerations for that week are Carnival Breeze, Norwegian Getaway, Independence of the Seas, or Quantum of the Seas.

I would not expect very many children that week. We've been on one week cruises that week a couple of times on Celebrity Reflection and Eclipse, and there were only ever a few children of school age that we ever saw. Last year, on Reflection, we toured the Fun Factory on embarkation day, as we were curious about offerings for a future cruise with friends. That week, they were only expecting a total of 5 children under the tween age, and just a couple in the tween age. There were a couple of high school students, and they seemed to be in the library doing homework a lot of the time. We did meet some families on the way to the airport in a shared shuttle, but none of them had sailed Celebrity.

I can't speak to the week you are thinking about sailing, but we just returned from the Reflection on April 5-12 sailing. We had two teenagers with us on this cruise and they found plenty to do. When I saw activities in and around the ship with the Fun Factory kids there seemed to be 20-30 kids participating. They had tons of help and it was very organized. Talking with a couple families in passing their kids loved the program. Our experience with cruising when our kids were younger they liked the ships like the Reflection where there weren't a ton of kids on board. More attention, cooler activities, etc.

I think your kids will have a blast no matter what cruise you choose, but we Loved the Reflection so much we plan to sail the Silhouette in December.

We were on the Reflection in March with our 13 and 9 year old. They both loved it, and we would sail again in a heartbeat.

The fun factory was great. Our 9 year old daughter spent tons of time there. They had various activities.....art, scavenger hunts, xbox, movies, talent shows, etc.

Our son , loved the teen club, and made many new friends.

The main pool area was great for kids too.

One reason passengers often report not seeing lots if kids is that the activities keep them busy and away from the main passenger areas.

Do a search of this board of "Presidents Day week" and you will find lots of reports about families who have cruised during that week.

We are taking our DS 12 on his 4 the Celebrity cruise in June. He loves the fun factory and always has plenty of activities to do. They have done all types of actovities with various themes from amazing race, survivor, etc. they should have a great time.