Solstice Alaska.....Jeans??

cls711

I never pack jeans on cruises but in Alaska it seems a good choice for going into port. Are jeans more prevalent on Alaskan cruises? Considered acceptable in all but formal occasions? Will be dining in Blu most nights if that makes a difference. Personal experience and observations greatly appreciated. :)

You see lots of jeans worn on Alaska cruises, on the ship and in the ports.

Just bring 2 pairs to rotate, one pair to wear while the other goes out to the laundry. They come back clean and dry the next day.

Cool. Yup, laundry service a great idea. Celebrity does a great job with it. We always use it on Caribbean cruises and will I'm sure we'll utilize it even more in Alaska!

Thanks for the replies.

I'd take them for tours and on the ship before 6 o'clock, but after that I would feel uncomfortable wearing jeans as that's not smart casual. I could not even suggest it would be okay to wear them at dinner (other than at the buffet)

Have a great cruise!

Winnie

It IS ok to wear jeans in smart casual night. Some posters would prefer not to, which is fine, but the dress code for smart casual does not exclude them , as long as they are not ripped or torn. That being said, you will see more khakis and lighter weight slacks at night, simply because jeans do take so long to dry and can be too hot for wearing indoors, as mentioned above.

I'd take them for tours and on the ship before 6 o'clock, but after that I would feel uncomfortable wearing jeans as that's not smart casual.

Jeans are perfectly acceptable as smart casual wear according to Celebrity.

I'd take them for tours and on the ship before 6 o'clock, but after that I would feel uncomfortable wearing jeans as that's not smart casual. I could not even suggest it would be okay to wear them at dinner (other than at the buffet)

Have a great cruise!

Winnie

I agree I wore them for the excursion where we went to the dog sled training camp and they had port a Potties and it was out in the woods. I don't normally wear jeans, but it was damp and dreay at times and then would be warm and sunny. They held up well on long tours. I only took 1 pair as I just wore them twice......Pat

I'm from the pacific northwest. We wear jeans. Alaskans wear jeans. Jeans are better than other casual pants for keeping you warm when the breezes are cool and damp. You'll enjoy being out on deck more when you're not concerned about staying warm. We wear jeans out to dinner and to work when we're "business casual" and even "smart casual." There are definitely regional differences in attire.