Deck 1 info?

njmoms

We are going on a cruise with quite a few of our extended family members in October. The best we could afford is cat 10 inside. We were assigned cabins 1075, 1077, and 1079. Is anyone familiar with the cabins on Deck 1? Are they the "dregs" of the ship and therefore a bad place to stay. I realize we won't be in the cabin very much, but I also don't want to dread going to bed every night.

Disney Magic - 10/30/04

HAL Zuiderdam - 4/10/04

Carnival Sensation - 1998

NCL Leeward - 1996

No matter what deck you stay on, the cabin will be the same, and the cabin on the disney ship are really a nice size. We stayed in a CAT 10 on deck 2 in February and loved it, very convenient to restaurant and clubs....and great when you want to get off in a port.

Don't look at it as being bad. You should not feel as much motion and like said above the cabin is the same on another deck. Same size everything. dcltribute.com can give you a list of noisy rooms and stuff like that.

You are very convenient for getting off the ship. You won't be in them that much, but you will have a great time. Enjoy!

Disney Magic 01/10/04

Enchantment of the Seas 01/22/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;01;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Being in an inside cabin, you won't even notice the different. For porthole cabins, deck 1 has two small portholes as compared to one large one in the deck 2 outside staterooms (I have photos of both styles on my website). But the cabins are every bit as spacious, and unless you are very close to the gangway, you shouldn't hear too much hallway traffic. There might be some engine sound, but personally I don't find that bothersome. You only have other staterooms overhead, so you don't have to worry about noise from the clubs.

Barb

Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Archived