Safaga, Egypt

patnlcc

Does anyone know which hotel in Luxor Seabourn uses for the overnight shore excursion?

I called Seabourn last week to ask which hotel would be used for the overnight tour to Luxor this fall. The person I spoke with told me the Sonesta Hotel.

Two years ago we did an overnight in Luxor and stayed at the excellent Steigenburger Nile Palace Hotel. Several other passengers from SB also stayed there. It was 1/2 the price SB were asking for and we certainly saw much more than the SB passengers saw. It was very close to the Sonesta Hotel.

Had a superb time with no problems.

Kind reagards

Tony

We've never been in Egypt before and can't decide whether to do the Luxor overnight with a local firm or with SB. We're concerned about the volatile situation in Egypt.

It's really as safe with a reliable local group. The ride from the port to Luxor is done in a caravan along with the the ship's buses so everyone is together until you reach Luxor. The Steigenberger is lovely and right next door to the Sonesta St. George. We were very well taken care of, and because they were glad for the business they included extras---like a sunset cruise on the Nile at no charge.