USS Missouri "Heart of the Missouri" Tour

kjcombs89

Looking for information on the extra "heart of the missouri" tour. I have searched the boards, but can't find an answer to my specific question, so I'm hoping that someone here has some experience and knowledge of how the ticketing works.

We are planning to purchase the Passport to Pearl Harbor for $65/person to spend the day there. My husband served in the USN, so he's really looking forward to this day of our vacation.

My question: There is an extra tour of the Missouri that is advertised for $25/person. I'm assuming that's on top of the $65 pass. However, I can't find anywhere to purchase that ticket alone. On the Missouri site, it only gives the option of purchasing the entrance AND the extra tour as one package. I can't find an "add on" for those who purchase the whole Passport (which we are planning to do through the recreation.gov site.

Has anyone purchased the Passport AND done the extra Missouri tour as well?

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Looking for information on the extra "heart of the missouri" tour. I have searched the boards, but can't find an answer to my specific question, so I'm hoping that someone here has some experience and knowledge of how the ticketing works.

We are planning to purchase the Passport to Pearl Harbor for $65/person to spend the day there. My husband served in the USN, so he's really looking forward to this day of our vacation.

My question: There is an extra tour of the Missouri that is advertised for $25/person. I'm assuming that's on top of the $65 pass. However, I can't find anywhere to purchase that ticket alone. On the Missouri site, it only gives the option of purchasing the entrance AND the extra tour as one package. I can't find an "add on" for those who purchase the whole Passport (which we are planning to do through the recreation.gov site.

Has anyone purchased the Passport AND done the extra Missouri tour as well?

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

I am not familiar with the Passport to Pearl Harbor & would contact them directly to ask this question because you may not get an answer here. Several years ago I took the Admirals Tour which is no longer available & included coffee and snacks in the Admiral's dining room.

I am not familiar with the Passport to Pearl Harbor & would contact them directly to ask this question because you may not get an answer here. Several years ago I took the Admirals Tour which is no longer available & included coffee and snacks in the Admiral's dining room.

Thanks Astro...here's the info on the Passport to Pearl Harbor. It's one of the tour packages that you can reserve early through the recreation.gov site.

http://www.recreation.gov/tourDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&tourId=317599

Okay, after a lot of digging around, I found the answer to my own question. So, I'll post it in case anyone else is interested in the same idea!

You can purchase the Passport to Pearl Harbor six months in advance, and reserve a time slot. This pass gives you access to everything that's there (USS Arizona, USS Bowfin, USS Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum). It's $65 per person and is good for 2 days (doesn't have to be consecutive days, but it does have to be used within a 7 day period).

You can ADD the "Heart of the Missouri" extra 75 minute tour for $25. This is a guided, small tour that shows you stuff like the boilers...more in depth.

This link has access to reserve the Passport to Pearl Harbor: http://www.recreation.gov/tourDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&tourId=317599

This link has access to purchase tickets for the Heart of the Missouri extra tour: http://www.ussmissouri.org/page.aspx?pid=667

• 2 months later...

Wish I came across this earlier! We also had to work out how this worked as had prepurchased the passport, so did not need to repay for access to Missouri...just the extra $25 for the tour. Looking forward to it!! Thanks for taking the time to post your findings kjcomns89 as sure it will benefit others [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Wish I came across this earlier! We also had to work out how this worked as had prepurchased the passport, so did not need to repay for access to Missouri...just the extra $25 for the tour. Looking forward to it!! Thanks for taking the time to post your findings kjcomns89 as sure it will benefit others [emoji106]

If you're not aware of the change Arizona Memorial reservations are now only available within 24 hours.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2070221

Edited by Astro Flyer