Can you get a passport stamp in Victoria,B.C.?

Nightowl11

Where do you get a stamp for your passport in Victoria BC? Do they even stamp passports anymore?

You can get stamps in many places but it's not easy and you can spend considerable time and effort getting there. I don't know where you would have to go in Victoria - and it will also depend on the hours you are there. We we went to a post office in Carcross in the Yukon to get ours stamped, but our excursion made a 30 minute stop in Carcross and several of us wanted to get the stamp. It's the only stamp in my passport....

I don't understand why people want the fake visa stamps in there passport.

All you need to do is fly into Canada if you a Canada visa. I get concerned that I wind up with to many visa stamps and don't have room for a China one that takes two pages.

Well, my kids want them to show all of the different countries they have been to. Their passports are not valid for as long as adult ones are anyways so they will never fill it up. We have no desire to go to China.

China was just example. Do you intend to travel anywhere except the Caribbean? See other cultures?

Again, why do you want fake stamps? Why not just write the names of the Caribbean islands you visit in the passport?

Most places have stopped giving out passport stamps, even when you travel in Europe. Mostly now, you have to fly into the country to get the stamp. You'll waste a lot of time trying to find a place to get a stamp, as they aren't available in the cruise terminal.

My old expired passports with the stamps are great souvenirs of my travels. But now stamps are not so common. In Europe you used to be stamped in each country, now you may not even get a stamp entering the EU, especially off of a ship. Last year I entered Spain off a ship, traveled for a week, and on leaving the customs agent asked me where I had entered. Ship. She nodded and then stamped for the exit.

I got a stamp a couple of years ago in Victoria. I walked in; went to the little gift shop; walked back out and asked if they could stamp my passport.

A lot of people want to stamp their passport. Maybe I could set up a little concession stand in ports I visit to accommodate them for a fee. Just kidding, but...