Celebrity Cruises, what will it be like in 3 years?

wvufan

The bottom line depends on the people with disposable income spending it on Celebrity.

The Celebrity creative team needs to produce novel options to encourage spending for special vacations. Edited by ClairetoCruise

[quote name='RubySohoPDX']This topic and comparison was just too perfect, I had to chime in as my first post.

I am 24 and my husband is 27, so we're that perfect millennial demographic. I grew up going to Vegas and introduced my husband to the wonders of Vegas about 4 years ago and has essentially been our go-to vacation option. However, this August we are taking our first cruise ever and are already planning on booking a Caribbean cruise for December to replace our yearly trip to Vegas. I believe when I was speaking with him about it, I said something along the lines of "cruising seems just like Vegas, but the ships will take us to magical lands!" For the first time since I can remember, I do not currently have a trip to Vegas planned...but have 2 cruises on the calendar.

So, while I am not familiar with the golden cruising days, if the companies (or even Celebrity in particular) are taking their notes from Vegas, I'm all in.[/QUOTE]

Believe me the so called "golden" days were not all that. Cruising today is SO MUCH better today than back then. So many more options for dining, entertainment and stateroom accommodations today. Prices are much better today also.

I also love Vegas and the cruise lines do seem to look to Vegas for ideas and trends. I hope Celebrity continues to move towards a more up to date cruise product. If I want the HAL experience I will cruise HAL. :)