NCL Getaway 17th Jan 2015

samshltn

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My partner and I are booked on the January 17, 2015 Norwegian Getaway too. It is great to see another male couple on board. Congratulations on your honeymoon!! We agree, hopefully there will be more of us :) We always make it fun regardless, LOL!

Very pleased that we've found someone else who's on this! This has re-excited me for the cruise! Have you booked excursions? We've got one most port days, and we've also got UDP and UBP. We're flying out to Miami a few days early to get the tans going, so I'm really looking forward to this trip. We're Sam and Dom.

Congratulations on the marriage. My partner and I will be on the same trip! Maybe someday Ohio will get its act together so we can marry. Hope to see you at the FOD meeting. Plus we bought the meal upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just found out that we probably wont be at the first FOD meeting because it conflicts with our reservation at the Illusionarium. I'll try and change that as soon as we're on-board! In any case, we'll try to be at the second one - I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

I'm so excited about this trip, can't stop looking forward to it. Just doing my damndest to burn up some calories to make way for all the food and booze I'm going to gorge upon!

So how is everyone else preparing? Are you packed yet? Anyone else going nuts on a pre-holiday diet?!

We're flying to to Miami on the 14th, gonna spend a few days on the beach (And in Pulse! ;) before we board! What's everyone elses plans pre-cruise?

And... has anyone else downloaded iConcierge? Looks like it's going to be a really useful way to communicate with partners etc onboard.

See you all soon!!

Sam.

BearWatch and lwalk (and anyone else lurking but not posting...)

What would everyone's preferred time for a meet and greet? Obviously I'm drawn to 1900 so I can meet you all before going to the Illusionarium (Who couldn't change my reservation.)

So, let's have a poll: What's the best time for everyone?

1900 (My preference!)

I'll get in touch with the Assistant Cruise Director, Adam, to let him know our best time.

Thanks everyone.

Sam.

In two weeks we'll be waking up on the ship!!

What is everyone most excited about? For me it's the Illusionarium, the shows, our excursions, and the getting to lie out in the sun!! Oh and the FOD meeting!

What are you most looking forward to?

Sam.

Only one week to go, now :D

We've just had our cabin assigned. 8714. Pretty pleased with it - it's what we paid for but with a much larger balcony :)

Is anyone staying in Miami the night(s) before the cruise? We're in South Beach from Wednesday because we're flying out from UK and we want a buffer between our flight and cruise in case we miss it! I hope the weather will be nice.

Sam.

I'm actually contemplating booking this cruise last minute. I've been wanting to try out GETAWAY and the price is right, but my partner and cruising buddies can't go. I would be going solo which I've never really done before. Not sure I would really enjoy that but giving it some thought.

Do it, eroller! Hope to see you on board!!

I made the plunge and booked! Hope to meet you and all the other family onboard. I don't have a cabin assigned yet.

Did you decide on a time and place for the first FOD party? I would love to attend.

Thanks!

BTW I'm Ernie and live right here in Miami so not far to go!

Good lad!

I think the daily will say 1900hrs in the Sugarcane. It might say 2000, but either way we'll be there at 1900 because we have a show booked at 2045!

So... 1900!!

Looking forward to meeting you all :D

Sam.

Good lad!

I think the daily will say 1900hrs in the Sugarcane. It might say 2000, but either way we'll be there at 1900 because we have a show booked at 2045!

So... 1900!!

Looking forward to meeting you all :D

Sam.

Sounds good. I'll show up at 7pm as well. When I have my cabin # I'll let you know just in case. I'll be using NCL iConcierge as well. I think you can send messages through that at no charge but I could be wrong about that.

Now to get all the shows booked!

BTW here is a pic of me in case you see me roaming around the ship …

1758544667_DorothyErnie-Version2.jpg.fc1e64b503363a167f84905e499c683b.jpg

Edited by eroller

Hi Ernie. I'm geekily excited about the iconcierge app, but we'll have a whiteboard on our door too.

Hopefully we'll all meet up at 1900. If you want to recognise me, you'll have to squint at my thumbnail I'm afraid... I can't find a bigger picture!

Sam.

I received my cabin assignment. 5225. Looks decent enough and according to NCL it's a slightly larger inside cabin.

So feel free to call if you want to meet for drinks or lunch/dinner.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app