DenRus

That's the impression I have too - the 2-day cruise line tour basically IS the same as, for example, the DenRus value tour or whatever equivalent RO offers. But the cruise line charges A LOT more per person.

I am new to all this and I am taking my first cruise with Oceania in May 2007. I will be in St Petersberg for 2 days. It seems that no one does the crusie excursions and you all seem to book through Red October or Denrus, are the cruise booked excursions that bad?

We are doing a custom tour with DenRus only because the standard cruiseship tour offered by Princess did not go to some places that we wanted to visit. The Value Tour also doesn't hit all the spots we wanted to visit.

We are doing the custom tour with a group from our CC roll call. It will be a full two days but worth the time and money since we (my husband and I) will probably not return to the Baltics in the near future.

So, I guess if Oceania offers the spots you want to visit at the price you want to pay, then go for it.

Julia

go with DenRus and hope that you get someone like Anna as your guide,she was terrific. Kudos DenRus.

We had DenRus with 'Elena' (or Helen) as our guide for our group of 7 on both days - she was full value and flexible (even accomodating an extra quick stop at the Synagogue for one of our couples)!

Archived