Bennett Eating House - Skaway

big bro

Has anyone eaten at the "Bennett Eating House" along the White Pass / Carcross railway?? was wondering what type of food it is and if it is any good... Looked for a menu online but was unable to find one.

Thank you!

I presume you're looking to enjoy the WP&YR Bennett Lake excursion. We did this in 2012 and really enjoyed it. The lunch was a traditional stew lunch. I don't remember exactly what the menu included, but it was served family style at long tables and definitely no choices, just "here's your lunch". It was quite good for family style, and I'd definitely do it again in a few years.

If you aren't taking the train, perhaps you're hiking in/out. If so, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

If you aren't hiking in/out, how were you planning to get there? The only access is by train/hike. When we did the train ride, the train picked up a "trash" car while we were inside. They offer a train ride "product" for hikers who want to hike to Bennett Lake then take the train forward to Carcross. We had four hikers join our train that day - pretty neat to see.

I was just there last July. As previously mentioned, it's stew, plus fresh homemade bread, cole slaw, and apple pie that is probably the best I've ever had. The food is excellent and there is plenty to go around. Much better than the chicken at Caribou Crossing.

Has anyone eaten at the "Bennett Eating House" along the White Pass / Carcross railway?? was wondering what type of food it is and if it is any good... Looked for a menu online but was unable to find one.

Thank you!

There is no "menu" as stated above. Only the stew and sides listed. If not to your liking, be sure to bring something with you.