Does anyone know whether we need vaccinations for VOS from Perth to Singapore stoppin

Its a real personal choice vaccinations, i did vos from perth to singapore. My dr recommended the flu shot only, i did not have it. There was a lot of flu on the boat though but i seem to be healthy an did not get sick.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Forums mobile app

Your post didn't give details of the ports you will be going to, but I recommend that you get a flu shot. Otherwise, no vaccinations are required.

I agree with above. Would only add to advise some insect repellant. S.E Asian countries being tropical, do have Dengue fever carried by Mosquito's. You would be unlucky to catch it, especially if touring only in the day time, but prevention is beter than cure.

I don't even remember seeing any flies or mozzies in any of the Asian ports or cities. Our bus commentator in Vietnam said they did not have any mozzies there as that couldn't survive with the scooter exhaust. There were quite a few people coughing on the bus trips to and from the ship though.

We did this cruise last year as well. Would not worry about vaccinations, however, take a good supply of cold &flu product, panadol, soothers and cough mixture. Towards the end of the cruise it appeared a lot of people were getting colds. A good nights sleep and a dose of drugs on arrival in Singers set us straight for a week of sightseeing. Enjoy your cruise on VOS you will have a ball :):)

cheers,

Nomes

We also did this cruise last year and although Asia is well known for Dengue ( I know I have had it twice:eek:) You will be safe in all the ports. Do though use a Deet based repellent during the day time as Dengue mossies bite during the day.

No other vaccinations are necessary, Saigon Bangkok Pattaya and Singapore are modern cities :)

Edited by fishtaco