Question about spapackage

nana51

I have always bought the spa package onboard. Usually the first day. they always have some sort of deal going. My roommate is nervous that they will be sold out before we get onboard. do they save some for people to purchase onboard. Has anyone ever had them sell out before you could get there the first day?

I usually purchase the Thermal Suite ahead of time (you have to call, it's not online). If the price was lower on the ship, it was automatically credited to my shipboard account. One less thing to do on embarkation day. Don't know if they really sell out.

We used to purchase prior to sailing via a phone call to ship services, however the past few times the price was lower when we got onboard, so we've just waited. It seemed to be a huge "inconvenience" for the spa staff to fix. I've always heard that it could sell out, but I've never seen it. In fact, on most cruises I've noticed that the sign for the sale is usually up for the first several days.

For a 7 day cruise it runs about $150.00 for a couple (or two roomates) $99.00 for one. It includes the thermal spa, sauna, heated ceramic tables, and steam room.

Thanks everyone. I think I'll wait until I board. We've always been fine in the past.

If you buy it now and they have a special on board, they will happily refund you the difference. I like to buy my spa package from home so I have one less thing to think about.

For a 7 day cruise it runs about $150.00 for a couple (or two roomates) $99.00 for one. It includes the thermal spa, sauna, heated ceramic tables, and steam room.

They also allow 2 people from 2 different cabins as a "couple." :)

I so enjoyed the thermal spa on the Volendam, as well as the larger spa on the Eurodam, that I have almost convinced DH that we should purchase a couples package while on the Statendam. He's not certain that he would enjoy this! There seemed to be more women than men in my past experience, but I will work in him, a bit more....otherwise I might have to put out an inquiry on our Roll Call.

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last time on the Oostie there were a few men every time we went to the thermal spa. I loved it and can hardly wait to use it. Especially after a rough day of river rafting or biking.