Can someone else book for me?

I am waiting for my January cruise to book my April 2016 cruise so I can get OBC etc. I am concerned about the price rising that may offset the OBC or the cabin selection being limited. I have a friend that will be on RCL in a couple of months. Any chance she can book my cruise for me and get the same bennies?

She should be able to book it. If she put her name and your name on the reservation you could then cancel her and add whomever you wanted. As long as one persons name from the original booking stays the same then your good to go. Make sure she has your C&A number and your legal name so that it matches your travel documents.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I am waiting for my January cruise to book my April 2016 cruise so I can get OBC etc. I am concerned about the price rising that may offset the OBC or the cabin selection being limited. I have a friend that will be on RCL in a couple of months. Any chance she can book my cruise for me and get the same bennies?

Depends on the Loyalty Ambassador. I've had people book for me before. I've also had the LA say no.

If I were you I'd go ahead and book now. Then you have the cruise, cabin, and price you are happy with. Then when you get on your cruise you can always "re-book," effectively canceling the original booking and booking on board. If the price is higher, just keep the original booking. If it's a 7 night, you're only talking $100 OBC. Doesn't take much of a price climb to exceed $50 per person.

I booked an 11 night a year out. A friend wanted to go. They decided to wait until our Allure cruise 2 months later. Within 2 weeks the price went up over $300 per person. By the Allure cruise it was up over $500 per person. By final payment it was up over $1000 per person. Needless to say, they missed the cruise. It was one of our best ever. They really missed out just to try and get a small OBC. I tried to tell them to book, then re-book when they get on board, but they didn't.

You might also go ahead and book, then if your friend can book for you and get the price, cabin, and OBC, you can cancel your original booking.

If I were you I'd go ahead and book now. Then you have the cruise, cabin, and price you are happy with. Then when you get on your cruise you can always "re-book," effectively canceling the original booking and booking on board. .

I do this sometimes. Just book it and then when I get a chance re-book on board. I've had people book onboard for me and I've had people get me open bookings as well. But this was the old 'open booking' wouldn't do open bookings anymore. not worth it.