NCC and My Time Dining

I have a couple of cruises booked using NCC's. I really don't want early seating - too early; late seating too late. If I choose MTD, do they still make you pay the gratuities up front (as in when I make the choice now) ? Or are they just due by final payment?

I thought I read something on one of the threads about someone choosing MTD but not paying until final payment. IF so, that would be great!

I have a couple of cruises booked using NCC's. I really don't want early seating - too early; late seating too late. If I choose MTD, do they still make you pay the gratuities up front (as in when I make the choice now) ? Or are they just due by final payment?

I thought I read something on one of the threads about someone choosing MTD but not paying until final payment. IF so, that would be great!

You would have to pay tips at final payment time if you choose MTD. Nothing to do with having used an NCC.

Just to clarify, has this changed? I had to prepay gratuities as soon as I selected MTD when I booked my 2013 cruise. That was 10 months before sailing. I'm ok with prepaying tips, just don't want to pay them a year (or two) before I sail. :D

They essentially get added to your total balance due, so you should not have paid them instantly..

If your fare is $1000 and the gratuities are $150 then your total balance would be $1500, if that makes sense (just using random numbers as an example as well..)

Just to clarify, has this changed? I had to prepay gratuities as soon as I selected MTD when I booked my 2013 cruise. That was 10 months before sailing. I'm ok with prepaying tips, just don't want to pay them a year (or two) before I sail. :D

Nothing has changed recently with regard to prepaying tips. I can't explain why you had to immediately pay tips when you booked MTD before. That has not been the usual procedure.