Freeport Carnival excursion "Beach with open bar"

Moshewil

Hi all, I am traveling on the Carnival Pride on May 4th. Freeport will be our last stop on our cruise. I have a $160 shore excursion credit that I can only use if I book an excursion on board. Our other 2 stops are Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. Which are both beach days, so I was planning to just shop, eat , and drink in Freeport. But I really don't want to waste my excursion credit. I already booked a cabana for Half Moon Cay, and thought I could get the money refunded to my card or get OBC, but was recently told that was not gonna happen. So basically, I'm trying to find out if anyone has done this excursion in Freeport before and can tell me a little about it. It says it is at Taino Beach and there are plenty beach activities, food, and shopping. Also there supposed to be an open bar included in price, just a bit skeptical because the price is only $49.99 per person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

All the reviews so far on Carnival.com have been excellent for this new excursion. They said everything is clean and new and the staff are really nice. It must be owned by Carnival because you can use your sail and sign card for some things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can pay to stay longer on this excursion?

I plan on booking this excursion for my daughter and I and read a review where a lady said she paid to stay 3 extra hours. I was wondering if this was possible? Thanks!

I am Biased here since I have a Place at Taino, but for that price it is a great deal. Taino is one the nicest beaches on the Island and the swimming pool is one of the largest. (Lazy River, Grotto Pool Bar, Water slide). The people at the resort are very friendly. Not a lot of shopping though (just a couple of straw market vendors) for shopping you need to go to Port Lucaya (The International Bazzar has never recovered from Hurricane Francis in 2004)

I don't think they would exclude the Pool since you walk right past it on the way to the beach (they are about 75-100yds apart from each other)

Do an internet search for Taino Beach (for the website) or a YouTube Search. and there is a video on there about the property.