Which cruise rci vision or NCL spirit- help me choose

fragilek

I am about to book one of these but can't decide which- we have never been on either RCI or NCL. Both are cruises round the med in Aug. On the cruise will be me DH and 2 DD (18 &22)

RCi vision- OV room Barcelona-Cannes, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Santorini, Naples- barcelon

NCL Spirit- inside family room- Barcelona with stops in Toulon, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Mykonos, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Piraeus, Venice.

Food and evening shows are quite important to us. We would avoid ant game/gameshow stuff- just not our cup of tea!

We think the NCL may have the edge on itinerary but are a bit worried about the cabin and food quality (never been but from reading reviews).

The RCI one is about £800-900 more

Oh and I am celiac (gluten free) - so if anyone can comment on the difference for food on these two line for me that would be great- I hate having to just eat plain stuff and would like a cruise where my dinner looks just a good as the others and still has sauce/ dressing on it.

Edited by fragilek

NCL Spirit- inside family room- Barcelona with stops in Toulon, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Mykonos, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Piraeus, Venice.

Food and evening shows are quite important to us. We would avoid ant game/gameshow stuff- just not our cup of tea!

I'll be able to answer this better in July - we sail on the Spirit in just over a month on the same itinerary. Have done RCI once, and other lines several times. Our main reason for selecting this ship was the specific itinerary and timing. As one daughter lives near Venice, having the cruise begin or end there was of major importance. We're 4 crammed into an inside cabin, smaller than any inside we've ever been in, so it will be an interesting experience.

I've heard the food is good enough, and with this itinerary, I hope to catch a

lunch in every port to enjoy the local cuisine. As for entertainment, I found out recently this ship/itinerary has the Second City comedy troupe.