UK Customers dealing with NCL Direct

Hi all fellow Brits (and any other nationalities who may know the answer!):D

I have a question - I am wanting to book the Escape, my current UK TA doesn't seem to be so keen to find me a deal. I notice on the NCL website that we can get a cruise consultant, which I want to do, but guess this is one that would be based in London? If that is the case....would be get the upgrade perks of our friends from across the pond when prices lower etc?

If not - is there anyway I can deal with a US PCC and obtain these lovely deals I keep reading about (and am very envious of) - anyone here been able to beat the UK system?

Many thanks all!

Hi,

We use Ben our PCC at NCL London and have got some good eals from him, but, you have to have all your facts and prices to hand. He got us a paid for upgrade to Suite 15000 on the Jade at a good price.

Thje others on the team are ok too.

John Terry

I have also used Ben and found him to be very good. I think one thing you have to remember is that us Brits don't seem to get the types of deals that they do in the US (I've read that it's because we get better protection if something goes wrong, but there are probably other reasons). I've also seen people say that they book direct via the US site, but I don't know if you can use a US PCC. Good luck anyway.

us Brits don't seem to get the types of deals that they do in the US (I've read that it's because we get better protection if something goes wrong, but there are probably other reasons).

You get ABTA protection. Which in effect means a refund or assistance in getting home if NCL go bust while you are away. Which you would get using a credit card anyway.

Id rather take a grand in savings and book thru the US.

Hi all fellow Brits (and any other nationalities who may know the answer!):D

I have a question - I am wanting to book the Escape, my current UK TA doesn't seem to be so keen to find me a deal. I notice on the NCL website that we can get a cruise consultant, which I want to do, but guess this is one that would be based in London? If that is the case....would be get the upgrade perks of our friends from across the pond when prices lower etc?

If not - is there anyway I can deal with a US PCC and obtain these lovely deals I keep reading about (and am very envious of) - anyone here been able to beat the UK system?

Many thanks all!

Hi

Last year we chose the EPIC,

So I checked into booking with NCL US no problem as long as you are prepared to phone the USA to get a US PCC luck of the draw who you get though or you can do it online and hold the reservation yourself. You could use a US TA

In the end we booked through NCL EU as they came up with the best price as we are a family of 5 and need 2 staterooms the only charged us a child rate for the children travelling as 2nd guest in each room the others two NCL UK and US where charging full 2nd person rate for the kids

This year we are going with Celebrity,

Celebrity UK quoted £4900 + beverage package

Celebrity US quoted $4900 + beverage

US TA quoted $4900 + beverage + $350

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but out of the major cruise lines Princess, MSC and HAL will not let you book direct from the UK

Damon

Thanks for all your replies, all makes sense, think I will try and book with a PCC through London then.....my TA (who is my old boss and friend!) just seems so.....blurgh.....he only does it for pin/holiday money (he got a huge payout from my company) so he doesn't try as hard as I think he could.....:rolleyes:

I live in Europe (Norway), but I have chosen to have a PCC who is based in USA, for two reasons:

1. I have had the same PCC since 2007, meaning since before NCL divided the American and European markets online. We usually do a couple of cruises every year, and for me it is very convenient to have a PCC who "knows" me. I am in contact with her by e-mail - and if I have a request or a question regarding a reservation, she usually gets back to me within an hour....

2. I find that the cruise prices in USD are lower than the prices in Euros, and we always save a few hundred US dollars (for two persons) booking it through our American PCC instead of booking it through NCL Europe.

Just be aware that the promotions for the US market and the European market are usually not the same.

I understand from your last post that you would like to try an UK based PCC, but if you would like the contact info on my American PCC just let me know and then I can send it to you.