Qm2 next drydock/refurbishment?

cruise1814

I sailed on Qm2 on a 7 day Caribbean cruise from port everglades 2005. I will never forget how BEAUTIFUL she was and quality of everything on board. I have read a fair amount of reviews talking about how her appearance is in sad shape [ceilings showing water damage, broken fixtures, etc ]. I understand she is 10 years old. So I don't expect a brand new liner.

So when is she do for her next drydock and for how long? For you recent Qm2 cruisers how was it? I am considering another trip later this year. I really appreciate all of your input.

Thanks

She had an extensive refurb in late 2011. New Carpets throughout; bedding, soft furnishings etc. Last month she looked perfectly fine. Maybe individual staterooms had issues after guests leaving permanent stains on carpets etc but what can be done about that?

I really didnt see any issues like other's have apparently described. :confused:

I haven't been on board QM2 since last September...has the loveseat/two seat sofa seating thingie (whatever you want to call it) been replaced in Britannia Balcony staterooms ? Regarding permanent stains on Britannia category cabin carpets: who could tell where the brown swirl became a cream colored swirl as the result of an accidental stain rather than an intentional design ? :)

Edited by Salacia

I had a large sofa bed in the sheltered balcony. No love seat.

Very nice! :) I hope they didn't use the same fabric that was on the old ones (kind of a maroon/gold checkered pattern)?

This is what it looked like Salacia. y9y7atu9.jpg

Wish I was there right now. :(

Thanks for the photo, Pushka. That's what has been on any balcony cabin/stateroom I've had since my first QM2 cruise/voyage in 2008. Difference in definition, I suppose. Where I live, that's called a love seat rather than a sofa (has to do with the size ;)) Imagine how many times that piece of furniture has been around the world :eek:

Ok. A love seat for us means a tiny couch suitable for only 2 people squeezed together. This is a sofa bed. It folds out to an extra wide single bed.

I think I understand...but that seems to me to be the same piece of furniture however it is defined (a loveseat, but not a love seat, rather a sofa, extra wide single bed suitable for two) that has been on QM2 for at least six years. Which goes back to the question regarding the refit, and what will be changed.:)