Seattle light rail stop for train station?

mflgolf

We are planning to leave Seattle on the Amtrak to Vancouver on a Friday Morning, very early. We will be taking the light rail from the station near the airport hotels. Can someone tell me the name of the stop to get off the light rail for the King St train station?

Edited by mflgolf

I think you seriously need to evaluate the practicality of this plan. Assuming you're using the free hotel shuttle to the airport, you'll need to walk 10 min. or so through the parking garage to the light rail station, then wait for a train, then ride the 30 min. to the ID station, then walk over bridges and streets and down to the train level, all in time for check-in for the Vancouver train, which you probably should do around 6:30 - 7 AM at the very latest.

With cruise luggage (my assumption) this is quite a schlep, and if you're late for the train it's not a good thing. Certainly it's doable, but you'll need to be out of the hotel at a VERY early hour. (The trains start around 5:10 AM so count backward.)

The Int'l District will be your stop. Click on the map in this link and expand to see the exact location of the Light Rail Stop and the Amtrak station.

http://www.soundtransit.org/Rider-Guide/International-District-Station

I agree with gardyloo .... be mindful of the walking distances/time. I've walked to the Light Rail station at SeaTac several times. With a wheeled case it takes me 7-8 minutes. A similar amount of time to reach the Amtrak station.

Consider a taxi .... it will cost $29 more but will shave 45 minutes off your early morning start because it's door to door service. I think flatrateforhirer charges $29 to Amtrak and would take 30 minutes. The cost will be on their web site http://www.flatrateforhire.com