Carnival cooler

someone had posted on one of the threads that they bought a cooler from Carnival (they sell them online to deliver in your cabin). Has anyone every bought one of these?

Just out of curiosity, could you please tell me why you got the cooler? I checked the Carnival website and it does look cute, but I just can't imagine why I would want to put drinks in there instead of just cooling them in the fridge. Is it so you can take them to the beach or some other reason? Just want to know in case I decide to get one. Thanks!!

someone had posted on one of the threads that they bought a cooler from Carnival (they sell them online to deliver in your cabin). Has anyone every bought one of these?

Just out of curiosity, could you please tell me why you got the cooler? I checked the Carnival website and it does look cute, but I just can't imagine why I would want to put drinks in there instead of just cooling them in the fridge. Is it so you can take them to the beach or some other reason? Just want to know in case I decide to get one. Thanks!!

The frig is small and doesn't hold much. It is almost full with mini bar items, so unless you get the cabin steward to remove the mini bar items, there isn't much space left. It also doesn't get very cold. Bottles of wine are also difficult to place in the frig due to being taller.

So if you like your tasty beverages ice cold, a small cooler is your best bet.

we got ours in a package deals w/ 4 or 5 beers , i also think you can get it w/ soda (39.99 w/beer)

We have a small collapsible cooler that we always take with us. The fridge in the cabin keeps thing moderately cool (at best). I like icy cold beverages. I also take a large zip lock bag that I fill with ice from the Lido area. I leave the ice in the zip lock bag so that as it melts, most of the water stays in the baggie rather than the cooler.

I bought this last Sept for the mere fact that the cooler I had brought on board for the last 5 years broke :(

I decided to purchase the Carnival Cooler ( with the bottles of water) and it was great. It did not leak ( it only sweats a bit ), and it kept the drinks cold. The reason we always bring a cooler on board is because it is nice to have ice cold drinks waiting for us after swimming, being on a excursion etc. In the beginning of the cruise we show the cooler to the room steward and ask if he could keep it stocked with ice, and they always do.

We also bring our own insultated drink cups on board. Fill them up with water and mix in some crystal light.

I will bringing this cooler on board in Sept this year. Can't wait.....

Bought one in January with the water bottles. If you purchase, go to the lido bar and ask for a bucket of ice. They will give you a plastic round bucket filled with ice. The bucket fits nice and snug into the cooler. No leaks - unless you turn it over. I got it to take to the beach.

If they are of the same quality as the Platinum gift cooler I wouldn't hesitate to buy one (if I needed it).

Those things never leaked.

Mine didn't leak the first 4 times I used it. I now use a plastic liner in it and keep it on the floor of the shower. I never leave it home!

Fridge will stay cooler if you leave the outer cabinet door ajar.

I bought one for my mom and dad as a present. My mom drinks water 24/7 and we used it the whole week either at the beach, or at the pool, and at one point they used it to chill their wine so we could have some before dinner. It holds ice very well and it worked great.

Bought one filled with Coca Cola on the Magic and it has been on several trips since then. Went to the bar and got a bucket to put in it to prevent sweating and leaks and it works perfectly ! (brought the bucket home with me and I use it every car trip)

You can order a cooler from Bon Voyage/Fun Shops, as part of a beer gift set. Right here: http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/X76/cooler-package. It includes a collapsible cooler, 4 beers, a bottle opener, bottle koozies, and plastic cups. I got a cooler too, mostly to celebrate my first cruise, and to have a few extra beers in my cabin. My steward kept the cooler full of ice until the beers ran out. I still have it.

Bought one in January with the water bottles. If you purchase, go to the lido bar and ask for a bucket of ice. They will give you a plastic round bucket filled with ice. The bucket fits nice and snug into the cooler. No leaks - unless you turn it over. I got it to take to the beach.

Thank you SO much for this great advice. You said it fits snug in the cooler. Do you mean the cooler Carnival sells online? If so, that's great!!

We bought one of these on our Freedom Cruise last May .. it was in the room when we got there....I like the cooler...but when I got home the lining inside had a split in it.......I can't use it as cooler like that ... but on the November cruised I used it to carry my bottles of water & cokes on for the week.

Thank you SO much for this great advice. You said it fits snug in the cooler. Do you mean the cooler Carnival sells online? If so, that's great!!

Yes, the bucket from the bar fits snug into the cooler in the pix shown earlier. Really works great, love that it has a bottle opener attached to the zipper as well as the plastic cups, we have gotten great use out of all the items included!!

Yes, the bucket from the bar fits snug into the cooler in the pix shown earlier. Really works great, love that it has a bottle opener attached to the zipper as well as the plastic cups, we have gotten great use out of all the items included!!

Thanks so much for responding. I ordered mine just now!