New to all this

morbihan

Hi everybody. I have just joined the site and would like to ask you experienced people a few questions if you don't mind. I am sailing on Celebrity Silhouette in a few weeks and I would like to know the restaurants in with the price so to speak. Been reading posts and getting confused. In the morning where can I get my cup of coffee before I start my walking? Don't laugh. Got to do it! I am one of the annoying early birds but I am going to make a big effort and stop up until, ooh, nine o'clock some nights! Where do they serve lunch? Breakfast? Where can I stock up on water for example?

I think the brochure misled me.

Thank you so much. Really excited!

What type of cabin have you booked and do you have any drinks packages ? As this will change which of the restaurants you can use and what you pay for.

We have standard balcony and no drinks packages.

If you have a standard cabin "stateroom" then free are :- (based on the eclipse)

Oceanview Cafe

Main Dining Room

Aqua Spa Cafe

pool side grill

And Room Service.

Paid for drinks on Room service are clearly marked.

Oceanview - massive buffet, MDR is sit down and waiters, Aqua Spa healthy, Pool side grill burgers and hot dogs.

Free morning coffee, tea, water and juices from concentrate in the oceanview cafe. Water also is drinkable from the rooms. Free drinks available all day in buffet. Not sure about Tea and coffee in the MDR in the evening as we always just have the iced water.

Breakfast and lunch all of the above, Not sure in Aqua Spa is open for diner.

Edited by chelseauk

Coffee (no fee) is available 24 hours a day in the Hideaway or from room service. It's also available in the Buffet and restaurants during their open hours. Tap water is potable (ship desalinated) and free. You can request a pitcher and ice bucket from your cabin attendant. (We ask for it twice a day).

If you prefer bottled water, it is available (for a fee) in your cabin, at bars and restaurants and when disembarking at ports. If you have a drink package the water is included (except for the bottle in your cabin!).

If you want expresso based drinks, they are available (for a fee) at Cafe al Bacio and in restaurants. The pastries in Cafe al Bacio are free.

Breakfast is served in the buffet, MDR and Aqua Spa Cafe free of charge. You can also order room service with no fee. Lunch is buffet, Aqua Spa cafe, Mast Grill. The MDR is open for lunch on sea days. There are also several specialty restaurants that carry additional fees ranging from$5 to $45 pp.

Thank you. Very kind of you to reply.

We have a cabin at the back. No drinks package. We are not big drinkers. Ha ha!

We will have an appero but not usually much more so we didn't think it was worth it. We booked early and were one of the lucky ones who got nothing free:rolleyes:.

Long as I have my coffee in the morning to kick start the day and plenty of water, I will be happy

We did our first cruise last year - standard balcony, no drinks package as we also don't drink much.

There is plenty to eat that is included in the price (can't vouch for the coffee as we don't drink it) tea for us.

You'll have a really lovely time we did, didn't spend much on drink, didn't eat in specialty restaurants (apart from the bistro on 5 - which costs a massive $5 each). We had such a lovely time we are doing it all again and won't be getting a drinks package or eating in the specialty restaurants - the food in wonderful - so don't stress i'm sure the paid for restaurants are wonderful but I'm keeping them up my sleeve till i get bored of the MDR maybe in another 4 or 5 cruises :)

If you do have a bottle of wine with diner and don't drink it all they will re-cork it and then you can have it later in the cruise. Finally don't forget you can take on 1 bottle of wine per person to drink in your cabin.