Disembarking in Dubai

NorbertsNiece

It's a year away..... planning mode has kicked in.

We overnight in Dubai on the last night. Am a Frequent Flyer with BA who appears to have 2 flights out to the UK...... one around 1am and the other around 930am. Do their customs / immigration run around 6am? Can one just disembark at will (RCI)?

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Thanks. I wasn't sure where to post the question if I'm honest.....were I to book the 930am flight would I be able to leave the ship around 6am is what I'm trying to ascertain.... by 'their' I meant the Dubai port authorities.... I really didn't word the question at all well did I?

Thanks. I wasn't sure where to post the question if I'm honest.....were I to book the 930am flight would I be able to leave the ship around 6am is what I'm trying to ascertain.... by 'their' I meant the Dubai port authorities.... I really didn't word the question at all well did I?

I'm sure customs & immigration would be working at that time and the cruise line want people off sooner rather than later. Even if you were only to disembark at say 07.00 or even 07.30 you'd still make a 09.30 flight as it's only a 15-20 minute cab ride to the airport.

I'm sure customs & immigration would be working at that time and the cruise line want people off sooner rather than later. Even if you were only to disembark at say 07.00 or even 07.30 you'd still make a 09.30 flight as it's only a 15-20 minute cab ride to the airport.

As far as I recall, there were no customs and immigration at the cruise port. There is the usual security screening for passengers boarding the ship, but I do not recall seeing immigration officials until we went to the airport.

The OP should let the ship guest relations staff know what their plans are. When we overnighted last November in Dubai, friends of ours disembarked the night prior, shortly after dinner, and had no problems. Their flight departed around midnight and they did not want to spend an extra in Dubai.

As far as I recall, there were no customs and immigration at the cruise port. There is the usual security screening for passengers boarding the ship, but I do not recall seeing immigration officials until we went to the airport.

The OP should let the ship guest relations staff know what their plans are. When we overnighted last November in Dubai, friends of ours disembarked the night prior, shortly after dinner, and had no problems. Their flight departed around midnight and they did not want to spend an extra in Dubai.

That's really useful information thanks..... there is likely to be a flight about 1am or something equally crazy..... will see what the schedules are once they are released.... and how the prices compare though I doubt there'll be anything in it....

... there is likely to be a flight about 1am or something equally crazy..... will see what the schedules are once they are released.... and how the prices compare though I doubt there'll be anything in it....

I assume you have no interest in spending any extra time in Dubai (?) in which case the earlier flight makes sense.

For us, our flight back to the USA also departed at 1:00 AM but we wanted to see a little bit more of Dubai. After we disembarked at the regular time, we rented a hotel room somewhat close to the airport to use as a base. We checked in about 11:00 am and checked out about 12 hours later after a full day of sightseeing, then off the the nearby airport.

Hi Again sorry I did not realise you were referring to Port It would be normal for port authorities to be open 24/7 as it is a busy port.

If you have not previously stayed in Dubai it is worth some time as it is a fantastic place to visit

I've disembarked from a cruise 3 times in Dubai and people come and go throughout the day and night to fit in with flight times. Seen in the programme people leaving at 3 or 4 in the morning right through until 10 or 11 at night.

Immigration is taken care of when the ship renters UAE, so nothing to do when you disembark other than just get your luggage and go. They will X-ray sometimes when you leave but that just takes minutes and there are plenty taxis outside the terminal. Probably take about 30 minutes at the most at that time.

Do allow loads of time to clear immigration at DXB. Last time I was there it took me 90 minutes just to get through Passport control.

I've disembarked from a cruise 3 times in Dubai and people come and go throughout the day and night to fit in with flight times. Seen in the programme people leaving at 3 or 4 in the morning right through until 10 or 11 at night.

Immigration is taken care of when the ship renters UAE, so nothing to do when you disembark other than just get your luggage and go. They will X-ray sometimes when you leave but that just takes minutes and there are plenty taxis outside the terminal. Probably take about 30 minutes at the most at that time.

Do allow loads of time to clear immigration at DXB. Last time I was there it took me 90 minutes just to get through Passport control.

Thank you so much!! Just the information to set my mind at rest.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Linda x