norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

You have yet to answer. What exactly do you think my motivation is here? Doesn't matter what I think..YOU tell us what YOUR motivation is "here". Especially considering that there is NOTHING we can do, and your poor research isn't going to change anyone's feelings.

Why in the world would I make it up? To get your way. To make people believe your version. To get $$ from the cruise line. Pick one. You aren't the first complainer with an unproveable story and you won't be the last. Unfortuneatly, this is a message board, not a support group.

Am I unhappy? You bet I am. I wonder why that is. You tell us. It has been WEEKS since your cruise and you only now come here (of all places) to whine and argue with everyone else's opinion.

Like my initial post said "NCL has the worst customer service ever." Srorry, but not getting what you want does not equal bad customer service. Besides if they gave you something based solely on your side of the story, then EVERYONE would make a similar claim just to get something. Without written confirmaton from your PCC, this is just a "he said, she said".

They screwed up the initial reservation. Yes...that is your claim.

Then they have told me on four separate times that they would get back to me. Yet nothing.

Any other industry that would be unacceptable.

I am glad for you that you are so defensive of them. You have found something you love. Good for you. Sorry I have said something negative about them. It must really hurt you. Unfortunately, everything I have said is true.

Defensive? Pot...Kettle.

Defensive? Pot...Kettle.

Didn't realize I needed to "prove" anything to you. I kind of thought message boards like this were just to tell others about their experiences.

Would you have been happier if I came on here and blasted them as soon as I got off the ship? My fault for waiting several weeks to give NCL the opportunity to make it right.

Once again. My post was about Norwegian's incredibly bad customer service.

1. I called in to change my reservation to get adjoining rooms. They recommended two across the hall from each other. They assigned rooms and they weren't across the hall when factoring the location of the doors.

2. When I got on ship I went to guest services and told them the problem. They told me they would get back to me. 6 hours later still nothing so I called back. No record of my call. Said they would look into and call me back. Nothing. 24 hours later I called again. Asked to speak to supervisor. They told me they would get back to me in writing this time. 24 hours later they left taped letter on my door (addressed to my 14 year old) telling me that ship was full and they couldn't accommodate my request. My request??

3. Called the customer service number the Monday after we got back. Waited 90 minutes and no answer. Gave up. Sent email to our cruise consultant.

4. Called the next day. While on hold I logged into website to see layout of ship. In order to pull up layout I went through process of booking cruise to see layout of ship. Couldn't figure out how to do it otherwise. While on hold a cruise consultant called me to assist in booking cruise that I had started on website.

5. Cruise consultant told me to email her my story and she would forward to proper people. She made comment that people usually wait over an hour on customer service line. She said she would have someone call me.

6. No phone call from anybody.

7. Received email from initial consultant the following week. He said he was on vacation the past week and would look into.

8. Three days later still nothing from anybody.

9. Called into Miami corporate number. Told operator my issue and without saying anything she just forwarded me to customer service line. Didn't say let me forward you didn't say anything just next thing I know I was hearing the NCL on-hold commercial.

10. 45 minutes later I got a live body on phone. She told me to send email to the website customer service link that she gave me. Told me I would hear from then in about 24 hours.

11. Days later still nothing.

That is the customer service level you are defending.

I cannot understand why people are bashing this guy.

I would have been pissed. I'm certain most people in the same circumstance would have been as well.

If he's speaking directly to the company involved, he shouldn't have to research ahead of time and understand the layout. The NCL rep should have made it clear. And honestly, I'm not sure I would have understood there were no doors in the exterior corridor just by looking. In fact, I don't think it would have occurred to me, since I've never seen that on any other ship.

I cannot understand why people are bashing this guy.

I would have been pissed. I'm certain most people in the same circumstance would have been as well.

If he's speaking directly to the company involved, he shouldn't have to research ahead of time and understand the layout. The NCL rep should have made it clear. And honestly, I'm not sure I would have understood there were no doors in the exterior corridor just by looking. In fact, I don't think it would have occurred to me, since I've never seen that on any other ship.

This is printed on each and every deck plan for both the Norwegian Getaway and the Norwegian Breakaway:

Inside stateroom doors open to center interior corridors and not towards balcony staterooms

Not only that, but there is a thick bold line indicating that there are no doors in the exterior corridor. I'm quite certain that if you looked at the deck plans you would have understood. Anyone would understand...it could not be more clear.

As to the "bashing" as you call it, had the OP simply wanted to share their experience, they would have made their initial post and moved on. It only takes ONE post to share the experience. The bigger issue is the drama caused by arguing with anyone and everyone who posts to the thread. THAT behavior...more often than not...will lead to what you call "bashing" on these boards.

Some people just can't stand it when somebody else doesn't agree with them. :rolleyes:

Some people can't stand it when someone else doesn't agree with them. Right. Like you.

He wasn't looking at a deck plan when he booked. He was talking to an NCL rep. Had they just booked what he asked originally there never would have been an issue. They knew why adjoining cabins were being booked. The screw up is on their need, not his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did plenty of research? PLENTY?

Did your research ever include looking at the deck plans where it CLEARLY shows that the doors for insides are in the center corridor?

Did your research ever include reading the room descriptions where it CLEARLY states that the doors for insides open to the center corridor?

You could do minimal research and figure that out.

Basically what you are doing is admitting that NCL is utterly, completely incompetent. Otherwise, the OP should have been able to trust that they knew what they were doing.

I agree. The NCL rep should have done more research so this situation could have been avoided.

Bill

Absolutely. NCL has likely lost a customer due to the lack of knowledge and poor performance of an employee. I'm sure that isn't what they want out of their staff.

I read all of these replies. I don't doubt the information was not communicated correctly about the location of the room access. However as much as I feel bad for the OP I also have to think that they wanted to do something against NCL Policies. That is place 2 minors in a room by themselves. When everyone knows that you need to have at least one Adult in each room. So because you choose not too want to put one child in each room with one parent is Not NCL fault. You were able to use the room with a parent and a child and you chose not too NCL didn't force you not too. So getting a full refund I don't think you should get maybe future OBC or something else. Me personally whenever I book a room I check the deck plans immediately. Also another red flag is if the room numbers are off majorly as someone mentioned that happened to them.

You should read post #39 where the op said that the NCL rep told them that where they slept while onboard is not NCL's concern.

What room numbers are you referring to as being off? OP said he didn't know what his room numbers were.:confused:

Bill

OP said he didn't know what his room numbers were.:confused:

Bill

The answer was that he/she booked a lot of hotel rooms and could not remember the cabin numbers on their first ever cruise. I do find this very hard to believe.!!

This is printed on each and every deck plan for both the Norwegian Getaway and the Norwegian Breakaway:

Inside stateroom doors open to center interior corridors and not towards balcony staterooms

Not only that, but there is a thick bold line indicating that there are no doors in the exterior corridor. I'm quite certain that if you looked at the deck plans you would have understood. Anyone would understand...it could not be more clear.

As to the "bashing" as you call it, had the OP simply wanted to share their experience, they would have made their initial post and moved on. It only takes ONE post to share the experience. The bigger issue is the drama caused by arguing with anyone and everyone who posts to the thread. THAT behavior...more often than not...will lead to what you call "bashing" on these boards.

Some people just can't stand it when somebody else doesn't agree with them. :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less if you don't agree with me. What I take offense to his your accusations that I am somehow being less than truthful. That I take great issue with.

You can't seem to understand that Norwegian's rep told me this was the best way to do it. When faced with that fact you basically call me a liar. What on earth would I get upset about that?

Buddy I love your intensity but cmon. You are a little misleading. In your post you make the interior corridor statement in big red bold print. I just pulled up the deck plan and it is the last piece of fine print on the page.

You have to be the customer service manager for them.

The answer was that he/she booked a lot of hotel rooms and could not remember the cabin numbers on their first ever cruise. I do find this very hard to believe.!!

Since this has become a huge concern of some I figured it out.

13226 and 13617 were the room numbers.

We can all rest easy now.

The thing is, I don't think it's the norm or people wouldn't continue sailing with them. I know my experiences have not been the same as yours, but had that happened the first time I sailed with NCL I also would not be inclined to return.

The thing is, I don't think it's the norm or people wouldn't continue sailing with them. I know my experiences have not been the same as yours, but had that happened the first time I sailed with NCL I also would not be inclined to return.

Call the customer service line tomorrow and let me know how long you are on hold. I have yet to get an live body in under 45 minutes.

I have actually had to call quite a bit recently about an upcoming cruise. Once I was on hold for an extended period, but only once.

Again I'll say that my experiences have not been the same as yours. In fact, quite the opposite. That's not to say that your issues aren't real issues. I certainly believe they are and understand why you're upset.

Since this has become a huge concern of some I figured it out. 13226 and 13617 were the room numbers.

That is pretty bad. Looking at the deckplan does that mean you have to go forward around the elevators, or cut through the insides in the next section back? What a dumb design having two entrances on the right side to the interior corridor of the 13617 section and no entrance on the left by 13226.

Edited by AWENINAZ

I love NCL's product, which is why we've sailed with them 4 times with a 5th booked. We've never booked a cruise directly with any line. Our first cruise back in 2004 was with a group led by some friends of ours - at the time, they had done over 75 cruises on all different lines. I was glad to be going with people that knew all about cruising so I could ask them all my stupid questions. I didn't find CC until right before our 2nd cruise. I've found out things on CC that my friends with now over 150 cruises did not know.

But I have to say that I would have been livid had I been in the OPs situation and would expect an apology, an acknowledgement that "apparently we need to do more training for our customer service people", and a future cruise credit. I don't know if it would be enough to dissuade me from sailing the same cruise line (as it's been mentioned before, customer service no matter what industry is quite lacking and pretty much equally horrible).

That is pretty bad. Looking at the deckplan does that mean you have to go forward around the elevators, or cut through the insides in the next section back? What a dumb design having two entrances on the right side to the interior corridor of the 13617 section and no entrance on the left by 13226.

You have to go all the way down to the elevators. I am sure there is a reason but I would think they would be better off with no interior corridor and wider corridors on the outside. But what do I know.

I love NCL's product, which is why we've sailed with them 4 times with a 5th booked. We've never booked a cruise directly with any line. Our first cruise back in 2004 was with a group led by some friends of ours - at the time, they had done over 75 cruises on all different lines. I was glad to be going with people that knew all about cruising so I could ask them all my stupid questions. I didn't find CC until right before our 2nd cruise. I've found out things on CC that my friends with now over 150 cruises did not know.

But I have to say that I would have been livid had I been in the OPs situation and would expect an apology, an acknowledgement that "apparently we need to do more training for our customer service people", and a future cruise credit. I don't know if it would be enough to dissuade me from sailing the same cruise line (as it's been mentioned before, customer service no matter what industry is quite lacking and pretty much equally horrible).

I agree that ship we were on was very nice. Most of the staff was amazing. I don't know how they do it. Guest services though was so inadequately trained that it was infuriating. They really need to allocate more resources to this end of the business.

I wasn't going to repond as I did mention it is not my situation to argue. However being you posted it twice that you are confused with my post of room numbers not being together. As staed in that post I was referring to someone that had posted their situation in one of their posts about this. Not about the This OP. However now that the OP has posted his room numbers I personally would have looked into the room numbers and locations if it was me as they are far off.

Thanks for the clarification.

I did go and look at the deck plans once the numbers were posted.

I have been on almost 30 cruises and even after i looked at the deck plans I still didn't know the difference without reading about the dot and the legend all the way down at the end of the page.

I have never seen a configuration like the one on this ship before.

How

Expecting a first time cruiser to know this is asking a lot.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Many people would call me a NCL cheerleader. That's pretty true.

But I recall my first cruise. It really is like no other vacation. If you have never been on a cruise ship it is a such a unique experience. From the (lack of) room size, confusing deck plans, the schedules, activities. The various types of cabins, etc. most new cruisers trust the agent on the phone. That is to be expected. This OP trusted that professional. He made a change based on the agent's advice. He paid more money to get what he thought was a better situation for his family. That did not happen.

Unfortunately, being a full Spring break cruise tied NCL's hands from making corrective concessions on board. That is unfortunate. My opinion is that the OP is a reasonable person.

Now, my personal tale. My cousin is a TA in another state. She specializes in cruises and my mom and I have cruised with her twice. On our Jewel transatlantic our group was going in six outside cabins. I specifically requested a large picture window. Well, when we got our room assignment I was told it was just that. Being the anal retentive type I immediately went online and discovered it was a porthole room. I freaked. I called her and she was also very surprised as NCL had told her all six rooms were large picture windows. My assignment was changed at no additional charge. Well now, several years and cruises later, I research everything. I joined cruise staterooms for life, I read reviews, I now cruise in suites and I know how very different suites can be and I want to know exactly what I am purchasing.

That being said, I do realize how easy it is for a mistake to be made. Here are these call center folks who have probably never been on a cruise ship, with only pictures and diagrams of several cruise ships, of which many are new and few are alike.

So, I can feel bad for the OP... And I do believe he is entitled to some refund. I hope NCL steps up. I am optimistic. I also understand mistakes happen. Because of an unfortunate mistake the OP came on CC to complain instead of praising NCL and telling us he was excited enough to book his next NCL cruise.