The Netherlands - IJmuiden vs. Amsterdam ?

sail7seas

Sail, you got some great discussion going.

Rochelle, I contacted the recommended company and asked for a custom quote from Central Amsterdam to the port.

I will call HAL Monday morning about the transfer. I called them two weeks ago and the gal knew nothing. Thanks madera and others for the info. I think the Ren is fairly close to the Pulitzer hotel where we will be before and after the cruise.

We are three star mariners but have not done Prinsendam until this trip in July. The port issue irks me because the per diem charge is pretty high. Generally the smaller ship docks in central locations. If I had booked a 3000 passenger ship for half the price I would expect less convenient port locations. I'm trying to stay positive but the cost of this trip on a per diem basis plus airfare (which was outrageously expensive) exceeds the cost of two of our Oceania trips. Oceania has more inclusive features and better food. Now I will be paying for transfers to and from the ship, one way or another.

Sail, I am looking into guided walking tours, museums, historical sites, canal trips. I think we will love the city.

I'm happy I happened to start this thread so at least you have foreknowledge and won't have an unpleasant, unplanned for surprise.

May I remind everybody that I posted about Prinsendam sailing from IJmuiden instead of Amsterdam already on June 19 2013.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1865230&highlight=ijmuiden

May I remind everybody that I posted about Prinsendam sailing from IJmuiden instead of Amsterdam already on June 19 2013.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1865230&highlight=ijmuiden

Sorry........ :o

Seems in the 11 months or so since, I forgot.

I should have researched before I asked my question. Little did I know I would offend, almost a year later, by not remembering a previous thread.

Sorry........ :o

Seems in the 11 months or so since, I forgot.

I should have researched before I asked my question. Little did I know I would offend, almost a year later, by not remembering a previous thread.

Of course no problem. There have been some discussion about this not only on the HAL board, but also in the Europe section.