Which beaches are not crowded?

Emme

I need your advice. I want to go to the beaches in Bermuda that are not crowded, it is a big deal to me to have a beach where there isn't as many people. Less people means less smokers I have to deal with. Don't flame me, it's just something I've had a problem with in the past.

I don't want to be at the "it" spot where it is "touristy".

I appreciate your advice, thank you

Our favorite beach was Warwick Long Bay because it wasn't crowded. We arrived in late afternoon and there were only about 5 other people there. Its a pretty and long beach - great for taking a walk on. There are also some beautiful coves to the west of it for a placid swim.

The crowded beaches are the ones that you hear about the most: Horseshoe Bay, Tobacco Bay and St. Catherines. Most of the other beaches will not be too crowded and if there aren't any cruise ships in St. Georges then Tobacco and St. Catherines won't be crowded either. If you want a nice South Shore beach that isn't crowded then any of Chaplin Bay, Jobson's Cove, Warwick Long Bay or Elbow Beach should do the trick, and most of them are close enough to that you could walk from one to the other.

I agree -- Warwick Long Bay is a great beach and wasn't crowded when we were there even though there were two ships in Hamilton that day. It has a bathroom and there was a guy who rented snorkel equipment and sold snacks when we were there (he did it from a tent, so not sure if it's a permanent thing.) We also went to Horseshoe and Tobacco Bay -- both gorgeous, but a lot more crowded than Warick.

Have a great trip.

Shelly Bay Beach on the north shore is never crowded. It is halfway between Hamilton and St. George so you can take a bus there from either port. There are changing facilities, a snack bar and a playground for children. It is usually calm and a good place to swim when south winds make the south shore beaches rough. However, not a good snorkling beach.

We used to cruise on QE2 to Bermuda and of course docked at KW. Everyone seemed to be going to Hor. Bay. We would go to Black's Beach (or Hog's some of the local's told us) which is actually very tiny beaches along the main route from KW to the South Shore (bus route). The beach was right next to the road and had scenic stone picnic tables. Everywhere you looked was a photo opportunity.

There are no facilities/concessions so we only stayed about 2 + hours. We would take the bus about 9am and get off right at the beach (everyone else on board heading for HB), then walk back to the Clock Center in KW - a 15 min scenic walk whereby we got to pass over our favorite little bridge. Then we would have lunch and take the trolley back to the ship as it waits in front of the clock tower.

A friend of ours used (Vic the Parrot on CC) used to go to Mangrove Beach (a little further down from Blacks Beach). When we sailed in May 2003 - the year after hurricane Fabian - we went to BB and Vic went off to Mangrove. We met up with him on the ship to learn that "my beach is gone, destroyed." There was no sand left curtesy of Fabian - the first direct hit in many, many year.

Archived