Booked a Guarantee Now Im Scared

Hey,

I kind of took a small poll a few weeks back and to me it seems the average for an assignment is 5-30 days before sailing. A lot getting assigned around 25-30 days out.

I couldn't stand it, paid the extra and booked a cabin.

Sometimes we book a certain cabin, sometimes we book a guarantee. The only time we ended up with a bad cabin was on RCI's Brilliance of the Seas where we were right on top of the Schooner Bar's piano. It was really loud. Luckily, the ship wasn't full and they moved us to a different cabin the second day. Now I'm deaf (seriously!) so no cabin is a loud cabin to me any more. LOL My husband has perfectly good ears, though, so we are still leery of cabins over lounges. We've booked a balcony guarantee for our next cruise on Miracle and we will see where we end up. I'm not worried! I'm excited for the surprise. :-)

i booked the summer 123 sale if by chance i really hate my assignment can i pay tp pick my room or is there like some kind of change fee involed just curious :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have a question about booking a guaranteed room. Are you eligible for price drops with that? And if not, has anyone ever had the cruise price drop below what you paid for a guaranteed rate?

Yes to the first question and got OBC. As to the second question, yes it happens, BUT, you may get OBC or upgrades depending on how you booked your cruise. :) We have always had good luck with guaranteed cabins, even got upgrades.

Edited by dljones

i booked the summer 123 sale if by chance i really hate my assignment can i pay tp pick my room or is there like some kind of change fee involed just curious :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You may be able to upsell for a small fee. Just wait and see.

Check your documents under manage my cruise. On carnival.com

I haven't done guarantee in a while but in the old days we didn't know till we got to the ship and the baggage handlers had that information. However, I think these days you will be informed by Carnival prior to your cruise so you can check in online and print out your luggage tags which will have the information on them. I'm sure someone knows better than me about this that have done this lately but I have read bunches of posts that state that you will know prior to leaving.

And for everyone worried about guarantee booking, don't be. You will get what you paid for bottom line. Now granted, it may not be the "ideal" location but it will be what you paid for and with some luck, you may even get an upgrade depending upon the cruise. But if you are really nervous about it, be your own up sale fairy and call Carnival and see if you can upgrade to a better deal. Yes, it will probably cost more but then you have a choice. Watch the prices and see if they go down for what you really want, yes it happens often, and use that to leverage a better deal with the rep.

For those new to cruising you have to realize that dealing with Carnival is like dealing in an Arab Bizarre. You can always haggle the price. And if you don't like what the rep says the first time, call back and get another one until you do get what you want. I speak from personal experience. :eek:

If you don't get your cabin assignment until you check in, does that mean you drag your suitcases with you to the check in counter?

It usually says to be announced(TBA) on your boarding pass ,so when you get the cruise dock for your ship talk to a porter they have a list of names along with assigned cabin find your name and your cabin now for the baggage tags I would write my name and cabin # on the tags provided by the porter. This is the way it was done when I had a TBA. I would call Carnival and ask them what the procedure is for the TBA assignment. Have Fun!!!!!!

Edited by Shipbound

Booked an inside guarantee for our upcoming cruise on Splendor. We sail in two weeks, was assigned a room yesterday. Got an inside on deck 7, toward the front, but not extreme front. If course I was hoping for an upgrade to an OV or balcony, but I'm very happy with the room we ended up in as I always book inside anyway, and if I were picking a room it would have been on 7 anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

If you don't get your cabin assignment until you check in, does that mean you drag your suitcases with you to the check in counter?

Just got off the Breeze. My sister did GTY balcony. Got an email about 3 weeks prior to sail with her room number 7210. First balcony room towards the bow on Empress deck and butts up against the picture walkway.

Horrible room for her

1. Couldn't have your curtains open at night if you had lights on since she was below the bridge.

2. No balcony light at night. Bridge rules again.

3. Strong vibrations from the swells hitting the bow.

4. Worst of all, is the door from the picture walkway would slam on the wall by their headboard every time someone would walk through there and let the wind bang the door.

5. Balcony was so windy you couldn't sit out there with out a hat on.

She complained and they credited her account $320 of OBC. Just sayin' it was a nice 8 day trip, but 8 days of banging and no sleep wasn't really worth saving $450.

Hope you have better luck on the roulette wheel of GTY.

I had a guaranteed cabin once....and never again. It was an inside...all the way forward. We hit bad storms...ugh.

I'm really picky about the cabin's location. Mid-ship....is a must....and DH likes "convenience" to other areas. Nothing noisy above us...and nothing noisy below us.

Unfortunately when you book a guarantee you can not get the lower price if it drops.

I booked through a "Pack n Go" with a guarantee room on the Spelendor about two months out from my cruise. It was the "last" day of the Pack n Go sale. The next day they extended the sale and the price dropped $20.00. Oh well.

If you book early saver you can still get the price drops. I was told with my Guarantee,I qualify for an upgrade and Obc if a higher category is less than what I paid.

If you book early saver you can still get the price drops. I was told with my Guarantee,I qualify for an upgrade and Obc if a higher category is less than what I paid.

I was told this also, when I upgraded from an inside to a balcony gty during the 123 sale.

Although YOU CANNOT get price drops or obc if you book pack and go rate.

I was told this also, when I upgraded from an inside to a balcony gty during the 123 sale.

Although YOU CANNOT get price drops or obc if you book pack and go rate.

Also, I just switched from assigned balcony to balcony guaranteed which, I didn't know you could downgrade.I was informed that under early saver, I could downgrade and I saved an additional $220 with 2 and a half months until sail date!:eek: From now on, I'm booking early saver. :D

I didn't read thru the posts but I made the mistake of posting something similar a few months ago, several people felt obligated to tell me what a big mistake I had made and a few reassured me. You will be fine. I promise. After all you're on vacation on a wonderful ship. You saved money so spend it on something cool for yourself.

I usually book gty and that was the first time I was worried (because it was a small ship) and the last time because we had a fabulous time! And you will too!

We usually book guarantee inside cabins and only once have we ever had a bad cabin location...front of the ship. It was noisy and bumpy, however, we're rarely in our room so it didn't really matter that much to us.

Hope you get a room you like and that you have an awesome cruise.:D