Tracking the ups and downs of cruise fares

I'm curious what strategies and web sites folks have found to keep tabs on fare changes on cruises that they may be interested in (e.g. before they have actually booked, or after if they want to use the knowledge to get a better deal). I'm particularly interested in how to get real-time information.

One site I have heard of but not tried is **********, which says they will track fare changes on any cruise you want them to (there is a small charge) and send you an e-mail instantly when one is detected. There are other sites that apparently do the same thing. Cruise critic of course has its Friday e-mail, but that only comes out once a week, is not specifically targeted, and may be too late to get the deal.

What experience has anyone had with using this type a capability? What recommendations do you have? What other strategies do you use to keep track of fares in or near real-time?

I use a TA who does the tracking for me. He will always get the lower price without any service charge.

That is sensible, but will he also track rates on cruises you are merely interested in but have not booked with him? Also, given that there are dozens of fare changes literally every hour out there, can you be confident your TA catches them all?

My thought is I'd like to also know ways to do this that don't rely on human beings with time limitations who have a lot of pressures on them to do many other things.

I use a TA who does the tracking for me. He will always get the lower price without any service charge.

That is very nice But do you understand how your TA gets paid? There are 2 Co. out there that you can us to track cruise fares ..One charges 99 cents per cruise which if you save 100 to 1000s is well worth it ..

Used the fish last year and it worked fine giving my updated information. Signed up recentlly and the fares they are showing are completely wrong. Just sent me an update that all past guest balconies were sold out. Then the following day sent me an email that all the balconies were back, at the same rate! And I think they are still wrong. Someone on another thread mentioned a site called cruise price tracker that is supposed to update you for free. I signed up, so we shall see.