Tiburtina station to hotel

agadora

We are thinking about trying Italo Treno for transportation from Florence to Rome. We are staying at Albergo Cesari near the Pantheon and will be arriving around 9-10 am. None of us speak Italian.

I am wondering about the best way to get from the station to our hotel. We will have one carryon suitcase and backpack apiece.

Or, would it be wiser to go with Trenitalia into Termini?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get a bus from Tiburtina to a stop just around the corner from your hotel.

The bus is the #492 (direction Cipro) and it starts right at Tiburtina.

It's a bit of a bus ride, for 22 stops, but it's as close to door-to-door as is possible with public transit.

You can see the bus line here: http://viaggiacon.atac.roma.it/?service=calcolapercorso&da=stazione%20tiburtina&dac=roma&a=via%20del%20seminario,%2093&aac=roma&data=3/5/2014&ora=8:30&mezzo=1&tipo=1#

Last year we took the Tren Italno from Florence to Rome Triburtina Station. While it Triburtina is further from the center of Rome than Termini, it is a smaller less crowded station. We were on our way to start a repositioning cruise and had been in Europe for several weeks, so we each had a large bag and carryon. The extra cab fare was worth the shorter walk and lack of crowds.

Last year we took the Tren Italno from Florence to Rome Triburtina Station. While it Triburtina is further from the center of Rome than Termini, it is a smaller less crowded station. We were on our way to start a repositioning cruise and had been in Europe for several weeks, so we each had a large bag and carryon. The extra cab fare was worth the shorter walk and lack of crowds.

John, I'm not seeing a place on the Italo Treno website to choose your seats. We are four sitting together and would like to get the seats with the tables between them. Do you remember how that worked?

I do not remember selecting our seat. Since there were two of us traveling together, they assigned us two adjoining seats. There is a Italo Treno lounge in the Florence train station with English speaking agents. Maybe they can help you once you are in Florence. I remember there were some seats that were in groups of four facing each other.

John, I'm not seeing a place on the Italo Treno website to choose your seats. We are four sitting together and would like to get the seats with the tables between them. Do you remember how that worked?

I just purchased the tickets from Italo Treno,sometimes the page poped up for you to choose your own seats, sometimes they don't(I had to try few times to succeed in buying the tickets.) Finally, I called them,and it took me a while to figure out their phone number. In Italy, just dial: 060708. In the State: 01139060708. ask for English speaking operator! Good luck! I really enjoy traveling w/them, nice car,cheaper price. :)!