Swimming W/the Dolphins In Nassau

Elaine515

Where/how much/website/etc??? Since it just seems absolutely outrageously expensive to spend a day at Atlantis, we would rather swim with the dolphins...

Did you? How was it? Info please... Thnx...

Elaine :)

Has anyone just observed the dolphin swim? I'm doing it with my sister and daughter but my mom is afraid to get in deep water so won't be doing it? Is it worth taking a video camera for her to video it or is it better to just buy thiers? How about taking pictures? Can you get good shots from where you observe?

I'm also wondering about taxi fare. I've heard it's $10 to the meeting point. Does anyone know if that is per person or for the whole cab?

Sorry to jump in on your thread but you'll probably have these questions too. Or at least the one on the taxi.

If you are booking it thru the cruiseship, you can walk to the pick up spot on the Wharf. It's just a block or so from port. If you are booking it directly, you can pick up a cab for $4 pp. ($1 toll per carload). You'll need to go to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal on Paradise Island. The boat SHOULD be able to drop you downtown when you return.

we reserved the dolphin encounter for myself, DH and mom. I wanted to be absolutely sure we had a spot because its moms one and only tropical vacation. she wanted to do the dolphin swim. my stepdad does not want to be in the water at all so is going as an observer for $20. hopefully, he can get some good photos from where he 'observes'. The water is only waist deep. you stand on a platform wearing a life vest.your mom may not mind as its not deep water. I was told that we may be able to get off the return boat at the ship since they go there before back to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. it would save us the $4 each to taxi back to the ship but we'll play that one by ear.

Archived