Upgrades on the Wind?

nursetheresa

Anyone recently sailed on the NCL Wind and had an upgraded cabin? Tell me about it. We are currently on GTY in a C cabin which is no longer available and are wondering about our chances for an upgrade. By the way we love the C cabins and would be thrilled to stay there, but if we are upgraded I wonder where we will end up?

Theresa

Wow, do I have excellent news. I just got a call from my TA and we got an upsell to a balcony room. The upsell was $256.00 each or $512.00 for both of us.

NCL lists the cabin only for 2614.88 each or 5229.76 for both of us.

We got the cabin, plus airfare from San Francisco, plus 2 days in Waikiki hotel before the cruise for 1726.00 each or $3452.00 for both of us!

We are so Happy!

WooHoo!

If you are interested in upsells I can give you the phone number for your TA to call.

We are thrilled!

Theresa:D

If you booked through a travel agent they have to call and ask that you are put on the list, if you booked through the cruise line you can contact NCL yourself. The best time to call is after the final payment is due, this is usually 75 days before sailing, because NCL assigns cabins and they can see what they have left. They would much rather sell it to you at a discounted price than give it to another cruiser for free. The phone number is 1-800-625-4309. I got it from one of my fellow cruise critic friends. I booked through a TA so she took care of the details and called me back with the offer.

Good Luck! Let me know how it turns out.:)

Theresa

We are booked on the 3 Sept. 11-night Wind cruise. We booked directly with NCL. We booked a cat J inside..cabin assigned. We were fine with that. A couple of weeks ago, after final payment, NCL called us and offered us a "Latitudes" upsell to a cat CC for $100/pp...total $200.00. This was a great deal, but we did not take them up on the offer. We would prefer to spend the $200 on shore excursions, the bar or Bingo!! We actually like an inside cabin...especially on the Wind...the inside cabins are bright and spacious. We have cruised in many different cabin types..from inside to balcony (a nice free "upgrade") but, we always buy what we are comfortable in and are happy just to be on the ship. Should NCL want to upgrade us at the last minute...at the pier, or whatever, that will be fine....but we are ready to cruise in our inside cabin, for the price that we paid!! Aloha!

We were on the 7/23 Wind cruise. The week before the cruise, we were called by NCL and offered to upgrade our II cabin to a D. We did it, but it really was not discounted that much (the 'upgrade' cost us $50 each).

Archived