Couches convert to beds for 3rd person?

Do all or most of the couches in the balcony cabins convert to a single bed for a 3rd person? Or do you have to book a cabin for 3 people specifically.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Not all sofas convert to a bed. And you must book a cabin for 3 in order to have a sofa convert.

Now you can easily remove the back cushions etc... and make a "bed" out of it but they are different.

I have stayed in cabins with convertibles. Not all balcony cabins with sofas convert.

The convertible couches are not the type that a bed pulls out on a metal frame. It's a twin size sofa with bolsters that are removed then made up with sheets.

If you are wanting to have a 3rd person (grandchild etc.) spend the night in your cabin I'm sure the steward would be happy to make up the sofa. But as others have said if you book a cabin for 3 people it has to have an occupancy rating for 3 people.

Thank you everyone for your replys. Im looking to book the carnival pride and they have very limited cabins for 3 people. The carnival person on the phone gave me a list of about 5 cabins that accommodate 3 people, and this is for july 2015!!!! How can that be?

Yes, all 3 have to be booked in order to have cabin accommodate everyone. The third person won't get onboard otherwise.

Are you looking for a specific category?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are a family of four. The couch is to small for me to sleep comfortably, but is great for the kids. I am 6`3 though. I have taken naps on it but it would be a little rough for a week.

Yes, all 3 have to be booked in order to have cabin accommodate everyone. The third person won't get onboard otherwise.

Are you looking for a specific category?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No just a balcony cabin. Mid ship and its very limited.

You can book a cabin for 4 and only have 3 going which opens more cabins. I've done this many times and never had to move.

Might need a PVP to really help you.

Thank you!

You can book a cabin for 4 and only have 3 going which opens more cabins. I've done this many times and never had to move.

You might be able to do this. But since it is during the summer they may have restrictions on the cabins. Meaning you can only book a cabin for 4 if you have 4 people. If you are able to book a cabin for 4, you also have a chance of being moved to a cabin for 3 if they need that cabin for 4 people. You should know that this is a possibility.

Sharon

Thank you everyone for your replys. Im looking to book the carnival pride and they have very limited cabins for 3 people. The carnival person on the phone gave me a list of about 5 cabins that accommodate 3 people, and this is for july 2015!!!! How can that be?

Three of us women, stayed in an obstructed view balcony on the Pride and I slept on the sofa. It was comfortable. I had no problems. Oh, I am 69 years old in case that makes a difference.

Is the sofa bed comfortable?

Absolutely! We had one in a cabin once, and the next time we booked a cabin where it converted to a bed.....we fought over who got it! Yes, it is very comfortable.

If sailing in a High Season they won't book a triple in a quad. Low season almost anything is ok.

Almost all the sofas could be beds, but only certain ones are designated as beds. If it's a room for 2 on the Pride, you cannot book it for 3, even though the sofa could be used as a bed.

I have slept in several sofa beds. Some are comfortable, some are rock solid. There's no way to know if yours will be comfortable or not. They change them out periodically in certain cabins that need it. So if they haven't been changed in your cabin recently, it will be soft & comfy. If they have been changed within the last 2-3 years, it will be harder than a rock. That's why you will get various answers as to whether they are comfortable. Sometimes, one room will have a comfy one & next door's will be a rock. Some people think the rocks are comfortable; I personally do not. My last cruise on the Dream in a sofa bed was harder than a rock, room 1221. The Breeze's was very hard as well. Triumph's seemed good, just testing it, but my roomy slept in it. Conquest's back in 2009 was awesome, but they have probably been replaced by hard ones since.

Is the sofa bed comfortable?

My 16 year old son is almost 6'7" and about 230#, he had no problem sleeping on the sofa bed. He thinks they are quite comfortable even if his feet do hang off of the end, but, I think 16 year olds can sleep about anywhere :)