All-inclusive beverage package questions

new_cruiser_22

We cruised a few times before, but never bought the drink package, and would like to find out some details about it. I read threads/posts related to the topic in this forum, but could find the answers to my questions. Would apreciate any info here to help me in clarifying on this.

Does the All-inclusive drink package has to be purchased for the entire number of days of the cruise? We will be on a 7-night cruise with Costa Luminosa this summer, can we purchase only on selected days, for example, on the sea day or from day 1 to day 4, or day 4 to day 7, etc? As the price given is based on per day (e.g. €19.50/day). Also, is this price for a couple in one cabin, or each one of the two people in the cabin has to purchase the package at this price? What if one is a non-drinker?

Thanks.

You have to purchase the package for the whole duration of your cruise. You can´t just buy it for selected days.

The price (it´s 23.50 Euro now) is per person per day.

Everyone in a cabin has to purchase the package. So it´s 47 Euro/day for two adults in one cabin.

steamboats

You have to purchase the package for the whole duration of your cruise. You can´t just buy it for selected days.

The price (it´s 23.50 Euro now) is per person per day.

Everyone in a cabin has to purchase the package. So it´s 47 Euro/day for two adults in one cabin.

steamboats

Thanks for the clarification. I also just checked with the Costa Cruise website, they say the package for our 7-night cruise is €329 for 2 adults in the same cabin.

Wish they have some package that can be more flexible...

Thanks for the clarification. I also just checked with the Costa Cruise website, they say the package for our 7-night cruise is €329 for 2 adults in the same cabin.

Wish they have some package that can be more flexible...

Are you kidding:eek:

Costa has the best value drinks package of any line - where on earth, would you get all you can drink for 2 adults for 329euro

It is not just beers, wines, cocktails and martinis that are included - My sister in law doesnt touch alcohol - she loved the wonderful mocktails which were so beautifully made for her.

The AI is a total no brainer and no - there is zero need for it to be more flexible it is absolutely brilliant - as is.

I am paying 49USdollars per day plus 15% gratuity on NCL - and the drinks list is not near as extensive as Costa's. I will miss Costa's package for sure.

What on earth do you expect them to do???

Sea days etc - what total nonsense..

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth - grab it with both hands.

Well said Blondie.

I got it last cruise for myself and one child. Fantastic deal.

On previous cruises only the X1 was available- that was pretty good but this is so much better. And I am not a big drinker but I do like coffee and a few soft drinks throughout the day.

Blondie008,

Actually on the Costa neoRiviera (two weeks ago) martinis were not included in the package. There´s a whole bar (Cafe Positano) which only serves wine and martinis and nothing of this bar list was included.

The regular cocktail list was - let´s say a bit - poor and inconsistent. You could get Gordon´s Gin and Tonic water. But the only Gin Tonic on the bar menu was made with Bombay Sapphire and not included. We once asked for Gordon´s and Tonic and the waitress immediately answered she will bring a Gin Tonic with Gordon´s. But it´s not on the menu.

The regular bar menu did not list many cocktails. Most of them were more "Italian" like Campari Soda (something I didn´t have since the 1980ies).

Regarding the fact that on the neoCollection the AI package is 28.75 Euro/pp/night for me it wasn´t worth it (I had the package). At the coffee bar (Cafe Eze) all specialtiy coffees (2.95 Euro) had an asterix but when you asked they were included. Those were specialty coffees like espresso with Nutella (mango, fig,...) topped with whipped cream. Specialty coffees with alcohol weren´t included.

Wines (special neoCollection wines suggested for dinner) were 5.50 Euro by glass (some went up to 8 Euro, but most were 5 or 5.50 Euro).

As I´m no "heavy" drinker for me it´s not worth buying the package. My daily consumption was more like 3 cappuccino (2.50 Euro), a diet coke for lunch (2.90 Euro), a glass of wine for dinner (5.50 Euro) plus a glas of water (0.75 Euro).

steamboats

Blondie008,

Actually on the Costa neoRiviera (two weeks ago) martinis were not included in the package. There´s a whole bar (Cafe Positano) which only serves wine and martinis and nothing of this bar list was included.

The regular cocktail list was - let´s say a bit - poor and inconsistent. You could get Gordon´s Gin and Tonic water. But the only Gin Tonic on the bar menu was made with Bombay Sapphire and not included. We once asked for Gordon´s and Tonic and the waitress immediately answered she will bring a Gin Tonic with Gordon´s. But it´s not on the menu.

The regular bar menu did not list many cocktails. Most of them were more "Italian" like Campari Soda (something I didn´t have since the 1980ies).

Regarding the fact that on the neoCollection the AI package is 28.75 Euro/pp/night for me it wasn´t worth it (I had the package). At the coffee bar (Cafe Eze) all specialtiy coffees (2.95 Euro) had an asterix but when you asked they were included. Those were specialty coffees like espresso with Nutella (mango, fig,...) topped with whipped cream. Specialty coffees with alcohol weren´t included.

Wines (special neoCollection wines suggested for dinner) were 5.50 Euro by glass (some went up to 8 Euro, but most were 5 or 5.50 Euro).

As I´m no "heavy" drinker for me it´s not worth buying the package. My daily consumption was more like 3 cappuccino (2.50 Euro), a diet coke for lunch (2.90 Euro), a glass of wine for dinner (5.50 Euro) plus a glas of water (0.75 Euro).

steamboats

He/She is not on a Neo Ship though - Luminosa isnt a neo ship - and usual AI package applies.

Nope - no brainer :rolleyes: still applies.

Blondie008,

I know that the OP is not on a neoCollection ship.

BTW the Extra AI package will be 25 Euro/pp/pn for all cruises starting in 2015.

Anyway according to the description of the Extra AI package the only difference to the neoExtra AI package is the special wine by glass which is offered for lunch and dinner.

And there were no martinis on the regular bar menu (only on the special wine & martini menu). The regular bar menu didn´t have more than maybe a dozend cocktails plus four Costa specials. That dozend included some basics like Negroni, Mojito, Strawberry Margarita. I need to check my photos but it wasn´t a "long" list.

steamboats

It is not that long since I was on NeoRomantica. (although from what I am given to understand there have been some changes as a whole to NeoR)

Gin Martinis - cosmos - sidecars - mimosas, mojitos and many others - all included. Wine, prosecco - beers, brandy, whisky, (albeit Beefeaters) and vodka (absolut) - all included.

Say it again - even at 30 euro per day - costa AI is a no brainer..

It is soooooooooooo cheap its unreal!!

Wish we had it on our NCL cruise for sure -

never mind get to test costa's again in 6-7 weeks from now :)

I still have a list somewhere too -

We did find however, we didnt use the list too much - generous tipping of the bar staff bought premium brand drinks and cocktails no problem.

Blondie008,

No Mimosas on the neoRiviera. You could get an Aperol Sprizz or a Rossini and a Bellini.

The Martini/Wine list had exactly 12 Martinis (Sapphire Collitini, Banana´s Foster Martini, Ocean Blue Martini, Emerald Martini, Chocolate Martini, Costantini, Chocolate Raspberry Martini, Peartini, The Classic Martini, Citrus Martini, Grand Martini, Apple Martini). All of them were 8.50 Euro and made with premium brands. So all of them were marked with an "*" and not included. The regular bar list did not have any martini at all.

Beers: Only the draft beer was included and Beck´s alcohol free plus Weißbier. All other bottled beers were not included.

Sodas were 2.95 Euro each (no cans, sometimes you got a can anyway). Water was 0.75 Euro per glass (no bottles on the AI package, only glasses). Cappuccino was 2.50 Euro.

Speaking of whisky, Jim Beam was included, Jack Daniels not (and I´m not talking about any Black labels or stuff like that, just the regular "cheap" stuff).

Sure, the AI packages with Costa are cheap compared to US cruise lines. But if you don´t drink much then it´s not worth it.

steamboats

Blondie008,

No Mimosas on the neoRiviera. You could get an Aperol Sprizz or a Rossini and a Bellini.

The Martini/Wine list had exactly 12 Martinis (Sapphire Collitini, Banana´s Foster Martini, Ocean Blue Martini, Emerald Martini, Chocolate Martini, Costantini, Chocolate Raspberry Martini, Peartini, The Classic Martini, Citrus Martini, Grand Martini, Apple Martini). All of them were 8.50 Euro and made with premium brands. So all of them were marked with an "*" and not included. The regular bar list did not have any martini at all.

Beers: Only the draft beer was included and Beck´s alcohol free plus Weißbier. All other bottled beers were not included.

Sodas were 2.95 Euro each (no cans, sometimes you got a can anyway). Water was 0.75 Euro per glass (no bottles on the AI package, only glasses). Cappuccino was 2.50 Euro.

Speaking of whisky, Jim Beam was included, Jack Daniels not (and I´m not talking about any Black labels or stuff like that, just the regular "cheap" stuff).

Sure, the AI packages with Costa are cheap compared to US cruise lines. But if you don´t drink much then it´s not worth it.

steamboats

I am unsure if I like or dont like this new Neo stuff - undecided. Having sailed her twice in a short time, same suite on both cruises - kinda hoping to return - but just not sure. I like the idea that nice Martinis are being offered - but cant think where on NeoRomantica they would do this- maybe the disco tango lounge :confused: . Where was it on the NeoRiviera? Was there a proper martini bar as such? I havent really looked at this ship much at all - I am on the fence as yet regarding this new "neo" thing. I loved it as was, not sure how I feel yet about all this new change ..

Yes Steamboats is correct, with regard to the coffee's, we ended up asking for a coffee, whichever i e - cappuccino and a brandy separate, this took the bar staff aback, but was eventually served, which ended up more expensive for costa, with a bigger measure of spirit. The AI package on MSC is cheaper.

Blondie008,

The neoRiviera has the Café Positano which serves wine and maritinis only (no regular bar menu). I never saw more than 4 people in that area although the music was very good. I think it´s a mistake to have a bar where all drinks are excluded from the package with no regular bar menu.

The bar Porquerolles (full bar menu) was sort of "stuffed" (o.k. with less than 500 pax onboard a ship which is declared full at 1,250 pax nothing ever is stuffed).

We had a wonderful cruise (especially the new dinner menu and also food at the buffet was great). There were only two points to critize: the inconsistent bar menu (plus the not really well trained bar stewards - the same cocktail did taste totally different each time - sometimes you thought there isn´t any alcohol in it - BTW only 2 non alcoholic cocktails on the bar menu and both were horrible - extremely sweet and one was made with coke) and the other thing was the totally lack of a teen program. They converted the Teens´ Club into an office although the signage was still there. In 11 nights there was only one meeting for the teens (for about an hour). Sqok Club was open.

steamboats

Blondie008,

The neoRiviera has the Café Positano which serves wine and maritinis only (no regular bar menu). I never saw more than 4 people in that area although the music was very good. I think it´s a mistake to have a bar where all drinks are excluded from the package with no regular bar menu.

The bar Porquerolles (full bar menu) was sort of "stuffed" (o.k. with less than 500 pax onboard a ship which is declared full at 1,250 pax nothing ever is stuffed).

We had a wonderful cruise (especially the new dinner menu and also food at the buffet was great). There were only two points to critize: the inconsistent bar menu (plus the not really well trained bar stewards - the same cocktail did taste totally different each time - sometimes you thought there isn´t any alcohol in it - BTW only 2 non alcoholic cocktails on the bar menu and both were horrible - extremely sweet and one was made with coke) and the other thing was the totally lack of a teen program. They converted the Teens´ Club into an office although the signage was still there. In 11 nights there was only one meeting for the teens (for about an hour). Sqok Club was open.

steamboats

wow - not good huh..

I cant see this lasting then - hopefully it will cave in soon and they can de-neo the Neos':D

Def different list then from the ordinary AI and not for the better. I thought by their marketing, they were introducing a more upper class AI package for neo guests - clearly not huh - what a shame -

I wonder if they inherited the ships staff as well as the ship itself? Doesnt sound like Costa bar staff does it?

All round - doesnt make me want to try neoRiviera :(

As I said, the cruise itself was really great. Nope, it was Costa staff. Many of the crew we spoke to have been with Costa for years.

DH will be able to compare by next week with a "regular" Costa ship.

steamboats

hi steamboats

so what is included in the neoriviera drinks package?

I would like a drink or two ;) i love cocktails and my dh beer & jbs are these included?

and what coffes are included? i esp love the correto with baileys and capuccinos, my daughter who is four will like juices and sodas..

are juices served in a bottle?

i hope that it turns out to be worth to buy the package.. we will buy it when we are onboard as here in malta does not offer the facility to book with the ta or online

cruisefanatic16,

draft beer, Beck´s acohol free, Weißbier (Erdinger - wheat beer) was included. All other bottled beers weren´t included.

Sodas were included (usually no cans, depended on the bar, in some bars and the Cetera restaurant you got cans, in the Vernazza buffet it was served per glas). I didn´t have any juices but there were some included. For some reason I forgot to take photos of the main bar menu (that´s when you think "I have plenty of time to do it"). Cocktails were as I mentioned a dozend or maybe 16 plus 4 colorful Costa creations. Only two non alcoholic cocktails (extremely sweet). At the Corniglia bar they had - at least they called it - smoothies. But most of them included milk or yogurt.

All non alcoholic coffees were included (espresso, cappuccino, latte... plus the specialties including Nutella or fruit syrups). I have to check but I think cafe corretto was included (but not stuff like Irish Coffee). Those special coffees were only available at the Cafe Eze (which didn´t have anything else - no sodas no alcohol only water by glas). Cappuccino, espresso... was available at all bars including the main restaurant and buffet.

The included wines for dinner were pretty nice (sure no extreme high quality wine but not the cheap stuff either). There are two wines on the menu each night. And they opened up a fresh bottle for us each night (also with the water) even when we´ve chosen different wines (meaning me a white and my DH a red wine). Bottles didn´t stay on the table but they refilled quickly.

steamboats

cruisefanatic16,

Checked my photos again: caffee corretto (2cl spirit) is included (bar menu lists it with 3.50 Euro)

There´s one page in the coffee menu saying Special Coffees. The title is marked with an asterix. This page lists four coffees with alcohol (including Irish coffee) for 4.70 Euro. But it also lists Mokaccino, Marocchio (2.80), Cappuccino Aroma (2.90), Espresso Crema shakerato and Ice Bianco Espresso (3.50) which I´m pretty sure are included. Later one the menu you will find again Marocchino, Moccaccino, iced carmel macchiato, ice bianco (this time all 2.95) - although there´s an asterix all those coffees listed unter "Delicous coffee" are included. I won´t discuss the different prices of the marocchino and moccaccino mentioned twice on the menu :rolleyes::eek:!

But don´t try to order anything "iced". I ordered an Ice Biano (according to the description it´s a latte macchiato freddo or iced latte macchiato). I got a small glass of ice cubes and an espresso coffee (hot of course) :D!

steamboats

Because 'special' coffees are not included on the AI, when I wanted an Irish coffee I would order: a cappuchino, an expresso, a shot of Baileys Irish Cream and a shot of Jameson whisky... and mix them all together. Ta da!

Just back from Costa Serena and we had the all inclusive package.

Soft drinks and mixers are served from cans. If a can has already been opened then you may have a "flat" drink. I would not like to be paying the price they charge for such a small glass of soft drink.

Carlsberg was the beer served on draught.

There was no Bacardi Bianco (normal Bacardi) on the ship for the whole seven days. Instead they poured Bacardi Gold until this also ran out and was not replaced for several days. When the Gold ran out they served whatever rum they had and told you it was Bacardi Gold. I questioned this several times and then lost patience and had words with an assistant bar manager. If I ask for something then if you do not have it tell me and let me decide if I want what is on offer or not. Do not try to deceive me.

Wine in the MDR was acceptable and they tried to vary it every night.

Overall the AI package is great value and well worth investing in.