MSC Divina April 19, 2014 - The Worst Cruise Ever!

CrusinCaren

You three. Stop that! It's not big and it's not clever, okay maybe it is a bit!

I am of average size and intelligence as well you know. Hence why I can't manage to swallow the whoppers at the start of this thread.....:)

I did research right here on Cruise Critic and found very mixed reviews. As I had sailed on the MSC Poesia and had wonderful food and service, I ignored the negative reviews and comments posted here. Feel free to do the same :D

There were no "Trams"

Whine

Whine Whine

Whine Whine

Whine Whine

We ate at around noon as was surprised at the luncheon spread that was laid out. Jerk chicken, cheeseburgs and potato salad were great!......had to go back around 2:30 for seconds.

We took about a two mile hike and walked around the island. Trams would pass us and asked if we wanted a lift but we declined. Also amazed at the abundance of loungers available.

There were many highlights on the cruise and this day was no exception!!!

Uhhhh., sorry. Motorized vehicles that transported guests from the north side of the island to the south and east side of the island.

After we ate our wonderful lunch, which was lacking any bacon whatsoever, we walked along the roads and trails to the other lagoons. Or should I say, bodies of water.

We didn't just sit around and feel sorry for ourselves and consume cake!

Edited by thraak

North side body of water:

ImageUploadedByForums1399400270.157118.jpg.b1dee0b432fb29d5bde306c6b6af5ace.jpg

East side body of water:

ImageUploadedByForums1399400309.740409.jpg.d25fac0834af34f30788ac2c78e31009.jpg

Cook preparing more burgers at approx. 2:30pm:

ImageUploadedByForums1399400363.936304.jpg.bf0291440d345eebbf35e2b555347890.jpg

Now stop Divina bashing, people might start believing your miserable story.

P.S. You are NOT invited on my next cruise!!!

Edited by thraak

Caren. I believe you booked this cruise based solely on the price you got it for.

The last cruise you complained about you chose because your kid got on board for free rather than child price.

Yet some of your complaints read like you expected minions running round you at all times tending to your every whim while frantically chewing gum. You don't get that on the cruise lines you have been on or for the money you paid.

You also seem to expect not to put your hand in your purse for the entire cruise duration. This is completely unrealistic. You're not being "nickle and dimed". You are expected to pay for extras. That's why they're called extras....

You do not need to go on another cruise for this insight. It's all in your posting history.

Please choose a vacation that is better suited to you and your family needs. Not a vacation based on the lowest possible price you can get. You're cheating yourself and making others and yourself miserable in the process.

Finally do not, under any circumstances, book another MSC cruise. You tried them twice and found them lacking both times. Quit while you're behind.

So in 2006 the OP had the worst cruise ever on NCl Sun and had done over 30 cruises at that time. By 2013 when she posted her letter of complaint to MSC about the vegan group on the Poesia it had risen to over 200, that's some going in 7 years.

Suggest this latest cruise was to use up the OBC from her last complaint, coupled with bargain prices in the US at the moment.

So in 2006 the OP had the worst cruise ever on NCl Sun and had done over 30 cruises at that time. By 2013 when she posted her letter of complaint to MSC about the vegan group on the Poesia it had risen to over 200, that's some going in 7 years.

Suggest this latest cruise was to use up the OBC from her last complaint, coupled with bargain prices in the US at the moment.

She did state, among the 4 in her party, they had completed over 200 cruises. My thought is, how much could you not know after going on that many cruises and what would you need to prep for??? I mean really, what could you possible not know by that point in time other than maybe the number of ply in the toilet paper each cruise line uses??? :cool:

She did state, among the 4 in her party, they had completed over 200 cruises.

Is that 200 DIFFERENT cruises? I'm assuming that many of her 50 cruises were also with her husband. Which means that they don't really count as 100 cruises between the two of them.

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

Is that 200 DIFFERENT cruises? I'm assuming that many of her 50 cruises were also with her husband. Which means that they don't really count as 100 cruises between the two of them.

I don't know as she didn't elaborate. She stated that between the 4 of them, they had over 200 cruises. So my question to the OP, what info did you not already know after that many cruises that would have been useful to you??? :confused:

She did state, among the 4 in her party, they had completed over 200 cruises. My thought is, how much could you not know after going on that many cruises and what would you need to prep for??? I mean really, what could you possible not know by that point in time other than maybe the number of ply in the toilet paper each cruise line uses??? :cool:

Especially the issue with the elevators/lifts?

I'd heard horror stories from others about cruise ship elevators (too small, not enough) that I was prepared for a week of waiting a half hour for each trip outside my stateroom. That was not the case at all, and debarkation, despite waking at 8, was rather quick. We were out of the room at 8:20 and through customs and at our car by a few minutes after 9am.

It would be ridiculous to schedule a flight before noon. If she did, the fault lies completely on her.

I did research right here on Cruise Critic and found very mixed reviews. As I had sailed on the MSC Poesia and had wonderful food and service, I ignored the negative reviews and comments posted here. Feel free to do the same :D

Sounds like you are back pedaling. I believe the poster above me who stated that you probably took advantage of good prices coupled with your 'credit' from MSC from your previous letter to them to book an extremely cheap vacation. Anyone who has read your previous review of the Poesia would wonder why you ever bothered to rebook with MSC.

BTW, I'll make your day and up you a week...I board Divina on Saturday and am looking forward to a great week! I don't eat bacon or ride the elevators, so that's two problems I know I won't experience.

Sounds like you are back pedaling. I believe the poster above me who stated that you probably took advantage of good prices coupled with your 'credit' from MSC from your previous letter to them to book an extremely cheap vacation. Anyone who has read your previous review of the Poesia would wonder why you ever bothered to rebook with MSC.

BTW, I'll make your day and up you a week...I board Divina on Saturday and am looking forward to a great week! I don't eat bacon or ride the elevators, so that's two problems I know I won't experience.

Nothing wrong with the bacon or the elevators.... All 17 of 'em!!!

Have fun!!

Uhhhh., sorry. Motorized vehicles that transported guests from the north side of the island to the south and east side of the island.

After we ate our wonderful lunch, which was lacking any bacon whatsoever, we walked along the roads and trails to the other lagoons. Or should I say, bodies of water.

Sorry to hijack this wonderful thread. But we are looking to do something like that on the private island. Are these trails marked or is there some sort of guide to them?

Cheers

Len

Sorry to hijack this wonderful thread. But we are looking to do something like that on the private island. Are these trails marked or is there some sort of guide to them?

Cheers

Len

They were like limestone roads. We ate and then walked perpendicular to the boat, (behind the luncheon spot). We reached the other side of the island, only about a 10 minute walk. Then we walked up another road for about two miles. Not sure if it was east or west, but looking at the luncheon area, it would be to the right. So, overall, we were gone for about 2 hrs. Then we went back to the barbeque and ate some more. Went for a swim. Laid on the loungers....

I LOVED the bacon....and the cake!!!

[ATTACH]311843[/ATTACH]

Some people are sooo new and infatuated, seems like a love fest. How can a cruise line improve with so much hype? Please stop bashing all with constructive advice.

Some people are sooo new and infatuated, seems like a love fest. How can a cruise line improve with so much hype? Please stop bashing all with constructive advice.

The one question that I have to all the complainers and whiners is : Did you submit a FORMAL COMPLAINT in writing addressing your concerns to the cruiseline or did you just hop on the cruise critic bandwagon of complainers?

If any company whether it is cruiselines, hotels, restaurants...etc receives formal letters of complaints they are usually acted upon. If you see the same complaints over and over again on various times and dates then there's obviously an issue. If you think just by coming on to an open message board forum, hiding behind a screen name is sufficient, then you are just fooling yourself. Do you seriously believe that these message boards are monitored by the cruislines and the complaints will be acted upon?

So, if you really did have an awful experience, and it is a cruiseline issue, ie: unsafe areas/ contaminated food/ cruiselines obligations that were not met which are set out in the Terms and Conditions of Sale. Then by all means, you have a right to complain.

However. complaints such as food, style of service or personal preferences in what you expect on a cruise is personal. It is the expectation that you set up for yourself.

As I sail this Saturday- I do know what to expect. I expect a clean ship, service that will not be as overbearing as other cruiselines, fantastic shows, new foods that I have not tried yet, or re visiting old favourites that I indulge on while on vacation. I know I will be in a safe vessel that will take us to the Ports of Call. I do know what is included in the cost of my cruisefare and what is at an additional cost.

And most importantly, I have the right attitude packed.

Sure you were on the same cruise/island?