Sleeping arrangements for 3rd person in a room?

We are considering a 3rd person for our 12 night med cruise. How are the beds set up for 3 single women? Is someone going to have to sleep in an upper bunk? I am the youngest at 52 & nighttime potty breaks won't be cool if I have to climb up & down! I do not spend a lot of time in my room so I am not too concerned with space, other than maybe closet. 2 of us are VERY quick in the shower & getting ready. We are looking at a large picture window room.

Any input would be appreciated.

An inside cabin will have the bunk, or you can put a cot-like thing between the two twin beds.

OP said that they are looking at an Picture Window cabin (Ocean view), and my answer was based on that. :)

OP said that they are looking at an Picture Window cabin (Ocean view), and my answer was based on that. :)

Sorry, missed that part.

But, I went to a random ship's room style page and the family one has a couch, but just a regular large window room doesn't have a couch. http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/staterooms/2/oceanview#tab_detail

The answer depends in part, on the particular NCL ship that OP is considering - for the "older" Jewel/Dawn class ships - there's room for a 3rd. bed.

This is from our GEM sailing in 2012, port-hole oceanview (we got "upgraded" from obstructed OV for a GTY, deck 8 down to deck 4 FWD)

We had our beds pushed off against the long side of the wall for more room on the other sides around the bed as it was just 2 of us. Looks roomy - worked for us. Stateroom could fit up to 4, upper bunk/pullman bed that drop down.

SDC10335.JPG

The fourth bed is a trestle that's stored underneath the other bed & setup as a riser. It's possible for all 3 to sleep, side by side - wall-to-wall beds as they called it. It will cut down on usable space inside the cabin. With extra egg crate cushions and/or paddings, sleeping sideway - this can be a giant king size bed, hmmmm.

SDC10496.JPG

Here it's in lowered position - pillows/beddings were kept elsewhere. For the Epic - I don't believe their layout would yield such possibility - someone will have to "climb" up and down to the upper bunk (or, rotate/take turns for the 12 nights or whatever)

Edited by mking8288