Our Carnival Legend Review 4/13

After naps, we got dressed and headed to Truffles Aft Deck 3, one floor below us. We had gone when we first got onboard and picked out a perfect table for 2. Fortunately, when we got there, it was not available. Why fortunately? Because we were put at the exact table on the opposite side with a waiter who became like family to us. We actually only ate in the MDR 3 nights, but LOVED Kwame. Our last night, he gave us his email and said to stay in touch. We definitely will!

Kwame was really fun! We just got off the Legend yesterday (:() and were seated in his section on a few nights. He was hilarious. My traveling companion wasn't crazy about his sense of humor, but I liked him a lot.

A question: Do you know if the Legend had a passenger coin laundry? Some people criticize anyone for even thinking about laundry on a cruise, but it enables me to pack lighter. In addition, I don't mind one bit, as I am not a sun worshipper.

Also, do they absolutely keep kids out of the Serenity area?

I looked at the deck info on goccl.com before our Legend cruise last week, and while I never made it to the laundry room, there are a few scattered around the passenger decks.

There weren't many kids on our cruise because of the timing, but there was absolutely none on Serenity that I saw. In fact, we managed not to see very many at all during the entire week. They don't bother me, but the friend I was traveling with is a mom as well as a youth educator, and she was glad for the break. :)

Edited by thistoo

shoppingfever, you two are JUST the kind of wonderful cruisers I like to meet when I am at sea -- happy and glad to be on the glorious ocean on a glorious ship. Unfortunately a lot of people just want to complain because everything isn't perfect!

I'll be on the Legend in two weeks also, and I thank you for the great photos.

A question: Do you know if the Legend had a passenger coin laundry? Some people criticize anyone for even thinking about laundry on a cruise, but it enables me to pack lighter. In addition, I don't mind one bit, as I am not a sun worshipper.

Also, do they absolutely keep kids out of the Serenity area?

Hope you get to cruise many times in your life ...

Thank you! We were just happy to be on the cruise and marking something off our bucket list!

We took coins because I thought it was coin operated but the one on Deck 4, right across from our room was operated by sail and sign card. We didn't pack light but still did laundry! I understand completely!

Kids were kept out of serenity. Even one evening, a family was walking around and the towel guy came over and said that adults only were allowed back there. The mom responded that she knew and they were just looking. The only other time I saw children were if they were using those steps on the side of Serenity to get to the next deck up but that was not too often.

If you have any other questions, let me know! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Kwame was really fun! We just got off the Legend yesterday (:() and were seated in his section on a few nights. He was hilarious. My traveling companion wasn't crazy about his sense of humor, but I liked him a lot.

Did you meet Robert the bartender in Serenity? I swear I adored those guys!

Love the Review....and I love you Attitude. :) So happy to hear that you guys swam with the manatees and enjoyed it....I knew you would. I totally forgot about the Sea Lion show last time....oh well now it gives me another reason to go back to Cozumel again :p

How did you like the Stingrays in Grand Cayman?? In December we are back on the Carnival Dream and I just booked Bodden Tours for our day in Roatan. Should I request as my guide for the day??

Thank you!! You have to go see the Sea Lions. I have about 20 pictures of those cute animals! It was a good little show.

Loved the stingrays! They were slimy when you kiss them and they kinda suck on your fingers when you feed them. Very cool experience!

Book Tex for your tour! He will be back to Roatan by the time you go and he is hard to get unless you book early! This was by far our absolute favorite port!

Thank you!! You have to go see the Sea Lions. I have about 20 pictures of those cute animals! It was a good little show.

Loved the stingrays! They were slimy when you kiss them and they kinda suck on your fingers when you feed them. Very cool experience!

Book Tex for your tour! He will be back to Roatan by the time you go and he is hard to get unless you book early! This was by far our absolute favorite port!

Thanks. I will email Victor to request Tex for our day in Roatan

Thank you for your comments! I just loved the ship. It was just a perfect fit for us.

I forgot to mention something that happened.

We got back to our car on the day we returned and it would not start. It would turn over, but never started. Thankfully, a guy that was returning also was a car dealer and he said he thought it was the automatic theft system. The car was not reading our key and thought it was being stolen. I remembered that Robert had walked through one of the security checkpoints with the keys still in his pocket. It completely wiped out our key. Now, our car is 14 years old so it isn't some fancy key system. Just a regular car key for an Expedition. After a couple of hours and a couple of not so smart key guys, I googled and found a couple of things to try. Eventually, one of them worked. We had to drive home without turning the car off (yep, of course we accidently did once and had to go through the whole process again) and have the key reprogrammed the next day in our home town at a local locksmith.

Needless to say he learned his lesson about putting his keys in the bowl or whatever when going through security.