Which Beaches Have Breaking Surf?

We will be in St. Martin early July on NCL Getway, we want to do a beach day where we can play in waves/breaking surf. Will get a taxi from the port, what beah is our best option?

In July the beach that I have found to consistently have waves is Dawn Beach. It's open to the Atlantic so in my opinion that is the best beach for why you ar looking for.

We will be in St. Martin early July on NCL Getway, we want to do a beach day where we can play in waves/breaking surf. Will get a taxi from the port, what beah is our best option?

Orient Beach has big waves and surf

If the wind has been from the northeast or east for several days, Dawn Beach might be best; if from northwest or west, go for Baie Rouge.

If the wind has been from the northeast or east for several days, Dawn Beach might be best; if from northwest or west, go for Baie Rouge.

I would not personally rely on a taxi coming back from Baie Rouge while on a cruise. If I wouldn't do it then I just can't recommend it for others. Also last July it was reported on here that the enterance to the beach was very rocky and there was no one swimming at Baie Rouge.

I would not personally rely on a taxi coming back from Baie Rouge while on a cruise. If I wouldn't do it then I just can't recommend it for others. Also last July it was reported on here that the enterance to the beach was very rocky and there was no one swimming at Baie Rouge.

You're right -it would be chancy relying on a taxi to come back to pick you up - and I do not think there is any way to call a taxi yourself - Baie Rouge only makes sense if you have a rental car. When we were there in January the conditions were beautiful and there were a number of people both swimming and hanging out. There are a number of steps to go down to get to the beach, but they are in pretty good shape, and not a problem for anyone in reasonable shape