First time cruiser....questions

Susan3603

Hi,

This will be my first cruise. We booked a land/sea package and leave August 18th (2005). We will be staying in the Polynesian from the 18th-21st and then cruising the 21st - 25th. I have a couple questions with regard to what to pack. There aren't any formal nights on our cruise. I was wondering if a dress shirt & tie is acceptable dinner attire for my husband. We aren't planning on dining at Palo, and I would prefer not to have to pack a suit for my husband.

Also, we will be traveling with our 10 year old son. What do children wear to dinners? Is a golf shirt or button down & khakis acceptable? Can children wear jeans to dinners or should I stick with khakis every night? I am one that tends to overpack, so I am really trying my hardest to pack minimally.

Any other information that would be helpful to me would be greatly appreciated.

I am very excited about this vacation!

Thanks,

Susan:)

If there are no formal nights, then your husband should be fine with the shirt and tie. The Wonder seems to be a little more casual, although I do not have first hand experience for this. I would stick with the khakis and polo for the children. That should be fine. Have a great trip.

We have been on both ships several times and lots of kids wear Khakis and polo shirts. Younger ones even have shorts on, although the dress code asks you not to. Most men just had on collared shirts, short sleeves. Some had slacks on in Tritons, but Khakis on the men too in the other restaurants. In Parrot's Cay lots of people wore tropical shirts to go with the theme of the restaurant.

Basically they try to get people not to wear shorts or tank tops. My DH just wears a shirt with a collar, whether it has a couple of buttons at the neck or button all the way up. Lots of disney themed shirts too.

You'll be fine with no suit unless you want to go to Palo's.

Have fun,

mom x4,grandma x4

Although suggested dress on the night you dine at Triton's is less casual than the rest of the nights, many men don't even wear a dress shirt and tie that night. For the other nights, a polo shirt and khakis is fine, and a dress shirt and tie would probably put your DH in the minority of what the other men are wearing.

Archived