FLL to Port of Miam Transportation?

BaltoTraveler

Flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale would save a decent amount of money, as well as letting us fly non-stop (rather than a connection in some place like Charlotte), so it seems like a no-brainer.

We're going the week before Christmas.

The question is: how to get from FLL to the Port of Miami, and how much time to allow. There are arrival times at 9:40 a.m. (we'd take off at 7:00) and 12:45 p.m. Anyone see a problem with making a 5:00 p.m. departure (RCCL Explorer) with the later time? We can't fly the day before, unfortunately, because it is the last day of exams for my college-age son.

As for mode of transport, I guess the options are shuttle, limo, (taxi?), and rental car. Any recommendations? Limo certainly has its appeal, though the expense may outweigh it. Anyone recommend a company?

We are traveling from B-more to Miami via FLL in September. I booked the 7AM departure ariving at 9:40am because you never know what types of delays you will encounter. Several years ago, we caught the first flight out to New Orleans for a cruise. Our flight (Delta) was the only one to leave Baltimore because the airline experienced electronic baggage problems and grounded all other flights that day (nationwide).

As far as getting from FLL airport to Miami, I'm considering two options. My last trip I used alianza tours from FLL to the airport. They use a 10 passenger van with a trailer for the luggage. I contacted them and they charge $14 one way, per person. The other option is book the ground transfer with the cruiseline. Carnival quoted me a price of $20 per person roundtrip. The first bus leaves FLL at 11:30am and the trip to Miami takes just under an hour. I will probably choose Carnival because once I give them our luggage at the airport, we will not have to handle it again until it is delivered to our cabin.

Hope this helps.

Archived