Kusadasi Stop with RC 10/30 Trip

It's my opinion that is very not "politically correct" that Celebrity don't say nothing about the ininerary changes.

Today I call the toll number of Celebrity in Italy and they said to me that they have still sheduled Kusadasi, plus they told me that the change of the sheduling is at Captain discrection. For passenger and crew safety it's all right. Well done. Bu why nobody tell us the true??

I booked a private tour in Istanbul, and I must anticipate my return aboard, so I have to visit Istanbul in a hurry!

I agree. I am on the Galaxy 8/15 departure. I called Celebrity yesterday when the ship was scheduled to be in Kusadasi and the representative insisted that the ship was indeed there, despite the web cam clearly showing a different port. Today i called back again and they told me the had no way of knowing what if any other port had been substituted until the ship returned with the captain's log. I think it is scarier to believe that they do not know where their ship is then to hazard a stop in Kusadasi! If they are going to reschedule they should let us know so we can book alternative private excursions as well as notify our guides in Turkey of planned changes.

Eggdoc,

I'll be on board the Galaxy on 8/15. To say the true Katakolon is not one of the best port of call in Greece. Maybe the right choise should be another greek islands like Corfu', Zante or another island in front of the Turkey. But in Katakolon the only think to do is the excursion in Olimpia. The village is very little, and there are nothing to do. My mom was there few years ago and she told me that Katakolon is not the good choise instead Kusadasi.

I hope that they might replace this port of call.

Meet on board if you like.

Love to meet you STEFY14. I believe the only reliable information has been coming from the guides in Turkey- so Hopefully Mr. Incedogan will keep us updated on any news he gets for the next Galaxy cruise

Today Costa Mediterranea was docked in Izmir...

Eggdoc, I hope not to leave two hours earlier Istanbul 'cause I have booked a private tour for the morning and I suppose that we should find a lot of traffic due the first F1 GP in Turkey!

How can we meet??

Any suggestion???

stefy14- I suggest you check out the celebrity galaxy roll call thread for our cruise. There is a celebrity sonsored party on board for all passengers who sign up on the roll call board so that people who have "spoken" on line, can easily meet each other in person early in the trip. Eggdoc

I did go to Olympia and we had a terrific day. The trip to the original olympic area is great. The museum had many good artifacts and the lunch we ate in Plympia was wonderful. I would rather be safe than sorry. My only complaint was that I wasn't informed before hand. I had a private tr booked in Ephesus!

Check

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1364

RC will not be cancelling Kusadasi for the upcoming cruises.

I have just booked a private tr for Ephesus from a recommended local tour operator. I think it is much safer to take private tour.

E mail me if you want to join - mka1934@hotmail.com

The cruise news has not been updated for a few days. In reading other boards, speaking with my TA and talking to a Princess rep (we leave Sept 11th), it would appear that Princess will state status quo and I think we wont find out until we are on the ship. We too have booked a private tour, one in which we had to give a deposit (not too happy about that, only private guy who insisted on one). Regardless, at this point, I will wait and see and personally not convinced a private tour is safer.

Archived