Carnival Spirit cancels July 2015 cruises for refurb

I was just reading, in another place, some upset passengers' reactions to receiving emails advising cancellation of Carnival Spirit cruises for July 2015 due to the ship being removed from service for a refurb. Those passengers state they have been offered different sailing dates with a $30 on board credit. I know Carnival Legend starts cruising our summer season from September this year. I do not know if Legend will be here by July 2015 to cover Spirit's absence or not. Good luck to those affected especially the young lady who had planned and booked her wedding for one of the cancelled cruises. Cheers, Buzz.

I was just reading, in another place, some upset passengers' reactions to receiving emails advising cancellation of Carnival Spirit cruises for July 2015 due to the ship being removed from service for a refurb. Those passengers state they have been offered different sailing dates with a $30 on board credit. I know Carnival Legend starts cruising our summer season from September this year. I do not know if Legend will be here by July 2015 to cover Spirit's absence or not. Good luck to those affected especially the young lady who had planned and booked her wedding for one of the cancelled cruises. Cheers, Buzz.

The Spirit is going into dry dock in Singapore. She will cruise from Sydney to Singapore departing Sydney on 1st Aug next year & returning from Singapore departing 30th Aug. There is no indication that Carnival Legend will be in Australia at that time.

My cruise 16/9/15 also cancelled. It's was a 9 day. I have been offered an 11 day starting 14/9/15 at no extra cost with $25 obc thrown in. Not a bad deal at all.

That's way better than the deal we were offered for our 8 night/3 port July 28th cruise. We booked 3 cabins for 10 of us. A family get together for my birthday. We were offered the $25pp obc, and an automatic switch to a 7 night/2 port cruise:eek: on the 25th, with a pro rata deduction for the minus day....OR...if we found a similar 8 nighter, we could have it for same price that we originally paid.

We have opted for the last choice, sailing 17th July for 8 nights, same 3 ports. We may have lost our original $50 obc re past Princess passenger deal, but were told to ring in a couple of weeks to ask about this again. I am hoping we get lucky with this.

Yes, I will take that and run. Hopefully it all goes well, same cabin etc.

I wonder what they will do to Spirit during the refurbishment ?

Anything interesting, or just a spruce up. I would love something like the 'Dome' on Pacific Dawn. I love that space.