Ayo Rock Formation?

rene194215

Hello,

Its me again... sorry to be a pest :( I just am not familiar with Aruba at all and I want to make my parents trip there great!

So they will be with Ivan for a tour of the Island. Since they were interested in the Lourdes Grotto, here is what Ivan came up with for the tour...

Lourdes Grotto, Ayo Rock Formation, Natural Bridge, Alto Vista Chapel and California Lights House and pass by the hotel area.

My question is about the Ayo Rock formation. Is this a good place to see? Also, is it difficut to get around? My mom has a probelm with her foot and she can get around, I dont think she would be able to climb or anything like that. I just wanted opinions on the site and if there might be somehting in place of this that they can do.

When I brought it up to Ivan he said they can just drive by, but did not say anything about adding anything. Since they were goingt o go see 5 places not its only 4. Any suggestions??

Thanks again!!!

I really like the rock formations. There is a very steep climb if you go up, but you can see a lot from the ground. Some of them look like animals, and it is fun to figure out what they resemble. If they don't want to do this, there is a church with a cemetery that is really interesting (they bury their families together in tiny little houses). There is also a winding drive around a water tower that leads to a terrific view of the island. The grotto is fairly far from the other things they are doing, so this limits their time. I'm not sure that Ivan will have time to substitute the other ideas. If not, I think that they will enjoy the rock formations, even if they don't climb them.